SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Way to go UCF Knights!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Way to go UCF Knights! Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
What a game against the Auburn Tigers who were 9 point favorites! Sorry to see Scott Frost leave Central Florida, but I thank him for his commitment and work with the Knights.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David bests Goliath again. Big Grin

Very nice coaching job, and team responded 100%, way to go.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was a great game and UCF should have erased any doubts as to them being worthy of playing in a BCS game....Scott Frost was able to coach UCF while hired by Nebraska and I don't think very many could have handled the situation any better.
As a Husker fan we are excited to get Scott back as a coach.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Great day to be a Knight.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
My first time seeing UCF play this year, and I was impressed! Well deserved win and an excellent game.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched much college ball this year, so first time seeing UCF play also.

I was definitely impressed by their poise and Scott Frost as well. He's going to do well at Nebraska, its time for them to show back up on the national scene.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I wasn't very happy but congrats to the Knights. They sure wanted that game a lot more than my Tigers did.

War Eagle!

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I haven’t had that much fun watching a football game in a long time (and I don’t dislike Auburn). I suspect that Coach Frost would not have left UCF, for any school BUT Nebraska. Husker fans united in their support of Frost, unity the program hasn’t had for 20 years.

Congratulations on an epic season Central Florida Knights!

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Great win over what was supposed to be the best team in the SEC... fantastic season going unbeaten.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UCF had an undefeated season and wanted to keep it that way, and for respect and recognition in Division 1. AU could have gone for a trifecta of beating three undefeated teams in a single season, but it looked like they didn't care about that and they didn't have their heads completely in the game either. That goes for the players AND coaches. JMHO, YMMV. War Eagle anyway.

Posts: 489 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Fun game to watch. If milton came to play for more than half a game it would have been a knockout. The UCF defense played a hell of a game.

Posts: 3584 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I'm happy for Scott Frost as he was a quarterback in NE during some of my time there. A stand-up guy.

Not happy with AU who just phoned in their effort.

Not happy with the BIG 12 officials who couldn't get calls right EVEN WITH REPLAY!

Congrats to UCF! They deserved that win!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm an SEC guy, but I was torn watching this game. I like the fact that Frost came back to coach his team even after committing for another school. In my old fashioned mind, that equates to integrity and honor at several levels.

Wish Dan Mullen had done the same with Miss. State, but hey, we won our bowl anyhow, even if it was just Louisville.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
Well, I wasn't very happy but congrats to the Knights. They sure wanted that game a lot more than my Tigers did.

War Eagle!

No disrespect to UCF, they played a great game, but Gus Malzahn is now 1-4 in bowl games. He is the limiting factor in Auburn's future seasons.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
Gus isn't the problem. You had a team in ucf who was super motivated to punch a big guy in the mouth and win for a departing coach. You also had an au team that went into this game, playing a non power5 team after playing all of the playoff teams in the past year beating half of them, and getting damn close for the others.

Being 18-23yo it's no wonder they lacked motivation-true Mathews even said so.

Husky nation is stoked about that new coach of theirs-they're the big winners.

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'm loving this 'National Champion' confrontation and debate, and I think UCF's AD has a point about there being a ceiling on teams outside the power five divisions getting to the championship game. At a minimum, its a heck of a lot of fun for the hometown folks, and I'm going to see if I can swing by the 'National Championship' Razz block party on Monday.

https://twitter.com/UCF_Footba...s/948984053029486602

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I'm loving this 'National Champion' confrontation and debate, and I think UCF's AD has a point about there being a ceiling on teams outside the power five divisions getting to the championship game.

I believe football is the only intercollegiate sport that the NCAA doesn't recognize a national champion. Until school chancellors and trustees break-away from the bowl system, and get a true playoff, it will remain a have's and have-not's issue. With the amount of money and influence being thrown around by the bowls, there has to be a point of diminishing returns. TV rights looks to have hit that wall, when will it become apparent to all the schools and their post-season ideas. I believe there was a study that showed over half of the schools attending post-season bowl games actually lost money attending these games; as the participation payout didn't even allow schools to break-even so, what was the point.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a knight grad and totally loved this season. I personally thing the Knights would fit in nicely in the ACC. Anyway it's great to be a Knight. Haven't seen a gator tee or hat since thanksgiving.

Posts: 688 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post