SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have been ordering the same thing from Skyline for nearly 20 years and now they are no longer allowed to put mustard on the chilito??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have been ordering the same thing from Skyline for nearly 20 years and now they are no longer allowed to put mustard on the chilito?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I am absolutely perplexed but it is 2020 so who knows.
For nearly 20 years I have ordered the same thing.

2 Chesse Coneys, mustard, no onion
1 Chili Cheese Sandwich, mustard no onion
1 Chilito w/ pasta inside, mustard, no onion

So today I order the usual.
The young lady says I am sorry we can’t put mustard on the chilito for you. I can bring you packets of mustard.
I asked why and she said that they just couldn’t. I then asked if they could put the mustard on the coneys and chili cheese sandwich. She advised they could.
At this point I am convinced someone is jacking with me.
So I just say ok.

Sure enough coneys and chili cheese sandwich come out with mustard on them and 2 packets of mustard next to the chilito.

I ask again about the mustard and she says she does not know why they just aren’t allowed to. I mentioned that I was just there Tuesday and the Friday before that and they applied to mustard with no issue. To which she said they should not have.
Alright no mustard it is.

Now, this might seem like a nonissue. But it is a layering flavor kind of thing. Just slapping some mustard on the outside will not be right and like a burrito once it is sealed up there is no real way to open it up especially since Skylines chili is pretty thin.

So I had it without mustard and it just was not the same. I guess maybe God is trying to force me to eat less since I have trouble doing it on my own.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Bummer, dude. Smile

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
That's asinine. I get removing an ingredient from a menu item. I even get charging extra for adding an ingredient that isn't included.

I don't get refusing to add an ingredient that you have on hand to a regular menu item when a customer requests it. Even more weird that they will add it to some items, and provide packets on the side for others.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Is a chilito some sort of pasta burrito?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Hey Black92LX: I just used Skyline's feedback form and pasted your rant. They said thanks and would be in touch shortly. I'll let you know here what they say. Glad to help.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
Is a chilito some sort of pasta burrito?

Yes.
Tortilla with chili, pasta, cheese, and MUSTARD wrapped up like a burrito it is glorious!!!

Chilitos did not make the menu until a few years ago.
Little server that was pregnant told me about them many years ago and have ordered them ever since.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Hey Black92LX: I just used Skyline's feedback form and pasted your rant. They said thanks and would be in touch shortly. I'll let you know here what they say. Glad to help.

It’s weird.
I’ll go to the other location later in the week and see what happens.

————————————————

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Everyone on the forum needs to go out and buy one Chilito with mustard. Nothing else.

Start a viral fad thingy all the zoomers do.

The effect will be a new menu item, (yeah, they will add a $1 to it), and it will be unavailable as a "sold out" or you will wait in line for an hour because, everyone wants one, but in about a year, you should be able to get one with no hassle.

Or, maybe it was just Karen.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
They are no longer making them on site, buying in bulk from a vendor?

Or pre-making when the shop is closed.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It might be WhooHooFloo related. Back in the good old days, when our Governor actually allowed limited dine in service, the restaurants here removed all the ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper and brought you the little packets.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
So I looked at the menu and I see you can get sour cream added for extra. Next time tell them you want sour cream but when they go to add it, you want them to substitute mustard. It shouldn't be too hard of a thing to do.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Hey, rules is rules!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
They are no longer making them on site, buying in bulk from a vendor?

Or pre-making when the shop is closed.

Nope. Made right there at the steam table when you order.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
It might be WhooHooFloo related. Back in the good old days, when our Governor actually allowed limited dine in service, the restaurants here removed all the ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper and brought you the little packets.

Was just there the other day and we have had no changes in rules and the fact they put mustard on all the other items I ordered.

quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
So I looked at the menu and I see you can get sour cream added for extra. Next time tell them you want sour cream but when they go to add it, you want them to substitute mustard. It shouldn't be too hard of a thing to do.

The sour cream should not be an option. I love sour cream but not on this item.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I would've asked to talk to the manager. There is NO logical reason they cannot add it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like I’m missing out on one of life’s little pleasures. Alas I have never heard of Skyline or a “chilito”.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Sounds like I’m missing out on one of life’s little pleasures. Alas I have never heard of Skyline or a “chilito”.

You are very much missing out!

Skyline is a Cincinnati staple! It has expanded out a bit. I am 2 hours away from Cincy and we got our 1st about a year ago and the 2nd just a couple weeks ago.

I am originally from Cincy so been doing Skyline my entire life. Still my favorite.

————————————————

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
You missed an opportunity to demand a talk with the manager Big Grin

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI, there's now a Skyline in Lexington on Richmond Road, if that's closer for you.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
No Skyline in Charlotte... I miss it and get the frozen at the grocery but it is not the same.

I worked there in college. That cheese is amazing but it becomes concrete on the plates after an hour. Makes cleaning the dishes a bear.

The only reason I can think of for the no mustard is that it is put on with a stick dunked in a bowl(or used to be). Maybe putting in in the burrito gets contaminates in the mustard... But they could put it in first before anything else and avoid that issue.

Man I could go for a four way, onion, inverted extra wet with extra cheese after the inversion.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Purdue was about 3 hours away from Cincinnati and my buddy had a co-op in Cinci so a guy's weekend as a Purdue student was when I first had Skyline. Everyone should try it once and then decide for themselves if they try it again.

Skyline is a chain that makes a Cinci style chili. They don't say what their recipe is, but it's close to regular Cinci style chili which is very unique due to the Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice, cocoa, & cloves and it's served over spaghetti noodles (i.e. a twist on spaghetti with meat sauce). It was brought to Cinci from Macedonia immigrants so it's very, very, very, very different than Texas Chili. Here are the options:
  • 3-way: spagetti noodles, meat sauce, and shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4-way: 3-way plus either onions or kidney beans
  • 5-way: 3-way plus both onions and kidney beans

I don't know where you live, but Skyline sells their meat sauce in cans, frozen aisle, and foil pouches at Walmart, Kroger, and Meijer. Just learned that my local Kroger carries all 3.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post