SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wanna hear about Bass Pro shooting ranges? (A slight rant)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanna hear about Bass Pro shooting ranges? (A slight rant) Login/Join 
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I used to shoot at the one by DFW airport in Texas about 8 yrs ago. I heard that they do not allow B27 targets there because of a complaint by some shopper that the shooters were practicing shooting black people. Roll Eyes I did not verify this in person.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Absoultely ridiculous...

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Rifle tube", Gracie?
At some of their ranges they have a 100 yard rifle sighting range that is a tube about 12 inches in diameter.
I can use it to sight in my .375 H&H. Razz

The tube is actually about 4 feet in diameter. Think a drainage culvert buried under the building. 30.06 was very painful.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
We have much better ranges here close by:

http://www.totalshootingsports.com/

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
(A slight rant)

Doesn't seem so slight to me. Mad

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
We have much better ranges here close by:

http://www.totalshootingsports.com/

That is where I went after leaving Bass Pro. Super nice place, I remember you recommending it so I went.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Glad you found it! This place is even sweeter, but it's in Fort Worth.. just a little ways from us:

http://defenderoutdoorsshootingcenter.com/

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Glad you found it! This place is even sweeter, but it's in Fort Worth.. just a little ways from us:

http://defenderoutdoorsshootingcenter.com/

I do like TSS. It's close by, really well equipped and I've never had to wait or felt crowded. The staff is very accommodating. Not been to Defender yet but it's on the to-do list.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I thought the .gov put the brakes on the cabelas purchase. Their reasoning was that bass pro would have 25% control of the retail sporting goods.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there was some trouble with Cabelas and their credit card unit. It is not dead yet, however.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
would I be a dick bag if I dumped 46 rounds of .38 wadcutter,
56 rounds of .357 flat point jacketed, 57 rounds of .45 acp hard ball
and 1600 rounds of .22 lr in a bag
and set it on the counter for him to tally up ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
would I be a dick bag if I dumped 46 rounds of .38 wadcutter,
56 rounds of .357 flat point jacketed, 57 rounds of .45 acp hard ball
and 1600 rounds of .22 lr in a bag
and set it on the counter for him to tally up ?

Not a bad idea. Kind of like the guy who paid his two thousand dollar fine in pennies at the DMV. Please post the video. I would watch it. I like cheap entertainment.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
(A slight rant)

Doesn't seem so slight to me. Mad

????????????

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post