SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Glenn Beck and the Blaze imploding.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glenn Beck and the Blaze imploding. Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
There has been another round of firings at The Blaze. After the previous round there were only 50-ish employees left at the news and broadcast site. This recent round has culled another 12-15. The article linked shows a direct relation to The Blaze's fall with Beck's maniacal anti-Trump raving. His whole network, once generating 90 million annually, has lost nearly all of it's value since. He is engaged in a fire sale after the last best hope of a buyer backed out last week. Call me petty, but I say REAP IT! In a 'never Trump/Never Hilary' election, you chose 'never Trump'.

REAP. IT.

I was a loyal listener for over ten years. I even understood his over-the-top emotionalism and gave him a pass. I participated in The Blaze website activity. I promoted Glenn to friends which I came to regret. Initially, Trump was not my guy. I wanted Cruz. But when Trump got the nomination I humbly endorsed him with hope for the future. Beck was too proud to do it. Well pride comes before the fall and his fall has been mighty. Meanwhile, Trump has risen to the job and IMO become a magnificent example of the evolution man can make when he becomes serious about righteousness and morality in spite of his past.

Linkasaurus Rex

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I like Glenn but he went a bit looney......

It's business, he thought his message would carry no matter what, he learned he was wrong.

Who put up the capital for the blaze....the multitudes of staff, the private jet? I can't imagine he made that kind of money at Fox?

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I once was a fan but anyone can go literally "crazy" and he did. Too bad. Frown

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glenn always seemed to be a bit on the crazy side of things. He went full retard with his anyone but Trump stance in the last election.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Glenn was OK in the early years but either got nutty or couldn’t cover it up any longer. Inconsistent on 2a support but pimped TEOTWAWKI survival stuff is a good example of his confused beliefs.

Additionally, the Blaze’s website had so many scriprs and ads that it wasn’t worth the hassle of going to it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I listen to Glenn every morning. I am willing to overlook a lot of disagreement and 'crazy' to get some sincere, "not-Left-wing" discussion if it seems sincere. But, I can see where he has lost a lot of people.
I noticed a definite change in Glenn's attitude and rhetoric after he recently interviewed Jordan Peterson; as if it snapped him back towards reality a bit.
For that matter, I watch "The Rubin Report" a lot on youtube. I disagree with a lot of his positions, but he is willing to discuss calmly and intelligently.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Glenn jumped the shark a few years ago. I mildly liked listening to him before that, but I haven't tuned in since.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Glenn jumped the shark a few years ago. I mildly liked listening to him before that, but I haven't tuned in since.

my feelings also

he really went off the rails during / after the election

no credibility / relevance at all

--------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I used to listen to Beck when he was on Patriot XM125. I had a feeling his rabid anti trump rhetoric would eventually bite him in the ass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Initially, Trump was not my guy. I wanted Cruz. But when Trump got the nomination I humbly endorsed him with hope for the future. Beck was too proud to do it. Well pride comes before the fall and his fall has been mighty. Meanwhile, Trump has risen to the job and IMO become a magnificent example of the evolution man can make when he becomes serious about righteousness and morality in spite of his past.

Well said, darthfuster.
Beck went looney-tunes..... and brought this upon himself.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I thought he went nuts before he got the boot from Fox News. The Trump stuff really came as no great surprise.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Mark Dice!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Neither guy ends up looking that good, here.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was like you guys, a big fan for many years. He really lost it a few years ago. Sad.

I was never a fan of Pat Gray.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
I thought he went nuts before he got the boot from Fox News. The Trump stuff really came as no great surprise.

Yes, sir.
The man went looney way before Trump. Even when he was at Fox, you can already catch a glimpse of it, when he went nut with all the huge charts and graphs.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
I was like you guys, a big fan for many years. He really lost it a few years ago. Sad.

Back when it was mostly comedy with small bits of politics, it could be hilarious. More-On Trivia in the early years was fantastic.

Then Stu got more air time. Then Glenn started crying on air. Finally Stu, Pat, and the other fella, were on all the time.

It basically turned into Glenn and 3 Sean Hannitys. Ugh.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ya gotta give the people what they want.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:

Back when it was mostly comedy with small bits of politics, it could be hilarious. More-On Trivia in the early years was fantastic.

Then Stu got more air time. Then Glenn started crying on air...
This was where I stepped off the Glenn train. I was a HUGE fan in the early years. He did an amazing job of mixing comedy and entertainment with his conservative viewpoint. I had a paid subscription on his website to download the daily shows. I listened to them daily. I own two of his books. I even drove from Akron to Toledo to watch a live show.

Then something changed. He dropped the "Fusion of Entertainment and Enlightenment" motto and started talking about how everything was the end of the world. It became so cringe worthy that I couldn't listen anymore. I wasn't surprised that he went Anti-Trump, most of my christian friends did as well.

I guess I'm most surprised that he's still on the air for the last 7 years or so.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was a fan back when he was just getting syndicated, broadcasting out of 1210 WPHT in Philly, long before he hit the National big time and got really loony tunes on us.

One of my favorite segments was “Arguing With Idiots” where he’d let left wing types call in and he’d troll them hard. Another fun one was calling convenience stores and playing a trivia game with these poor clerks who could barely speak a word of English.

I’m surprised his empire hasn’t imploded yet, that’s all I got now.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I always, from the first time I listened to him, thought he was a wack job of the first degree. Sometimes he made sense, but his message could never stay focussed; he was too much into "see, I told you I was right". I gave him up long before the election.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post