SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Couple of more days then: DC!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple of more days then: DC! Login/Join 
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted
We have our plans pretty much made.

The day we fly in we are headed directly to the NRA HQ. My friend's brother is meeting us there with a couple of guns, so we might get to shoot at the range, in addition to seeing the museum. Then we are going to the Spy Museum.

Next day, I have an 8 hour tour booked.

Friday, we head to the Air and Space to check that out. That night we are doing a "haunted" pub crawl/tour.

Saturday, we WERE going to find other things to do around the National Mall (like another Smithsonian building), but due to the snowstorm, I think we will do something else. We fly out that night.

We may go out for a semi nice meal one night. Not planning on spending a bunch on meals.

We are flying on JetBlue. Using Airbnb for the first time. We will be in the Eckington area, assuming that doesn't fall thru at the last minute. If it does, we have a plan b ready to go.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Snowstorm. I love it!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Used to drive by that area on North Capital heading into the city. It's been a few years though.

H st NE has some good bars. That area H st has become much nicer. I would Uber and not walk there.

Metro or Uber downtown unless you have a car.

Which Air and Space, Mall or Dulles?

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
If you get a chance get over to the Ovar Hazy wing of the Air and Space museum at Dulles Airport. SR71 and Space shuttle.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Plan on this day 1....at NRA you are just down Rte 50 to 28 away

In fact, if you are landing at Dulles and headed straight to NRA you will drive right past udvar-hazy. It's worth the stop

quote:
Originally posted by Sock Eating Golden:
If you get a chance get over to the Ovar Hazy wing of the Air and Space museum at Dulles Airport. SR71 and Space shuttle.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Plan on this day 1....at NRA you are just down Rte 50 to 28 away

In fact, if you are landing at Dulles and headed straight to NRA you will drive right past udvar-hazy. It's worth the stop

quote:
Originally posted by Sock Eating Golden:

+1

I spent an entire day there. I'd also recommend Arlington and the Tomb of the Unknowns.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Check out the National Guard Museum. it's over near Union Station. Nice little museum and a nice break from the WAY over crowded Smithsonian Museums. I took my son there during our spring break trip and I think it was us and maybe two other patrons in the entire place.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post