SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’ and Get Killed
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’ and Get Killed Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
very sad, and yes, very ignorant. That being said. this is the 3rd or 4th such instance where do-gooders have moved to a conflict area to prove wrong thinkers they are wrong. All have ended the same way. So, play stupid fucking games, get crowned with Darwin award. Yay for them.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Should have rode their unicorn.

Posts: 1556 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Just goes to show you, some people are too stupid to continue to live and others will help them achieve the end result.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dumb and Dumber, and Dead.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
No tears here.

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What, their bike helmets didn't protect them? Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I think people like this have a pedantic Drive. They want to teach us a lesson. Well, they did.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Send more

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
At least they're not being held for ransom as so many other simpletons have been. They're dead. - 30 -

That's what I was thinking. Next thing you know, there's a Navy SEAL rescue operation that puts our guys in danger.

Also, I'm surprised they were killed so quickly and not raped and beheaded to death.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Two less votes for the democrats.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Some people have to learn the hard way.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Stupid is as stupid dies.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Idiots, I wonder what their final thoughts were?

I should have stayed in my parent’s basement! Perhaps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Yep.. Traveling in the "Stans" is dangerous. Guess all those warnings and reports about real live people murdering other people b/c they don't believe in the One True Faith weren't fake!

Now with that said, I wouldn't go so far as to say bikers shouldn't visit -- it's a beautiful part of the world and quite a few travelers do it every year.

But to bike it with your head in the clouds and championing "ALL HUMANS ARE KIND!" is foolishness that gets you killed. And it did.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I laughed when I read the thread title. Does that make me a bad person?

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once in awhile, I get the naive statement on FB from liberal friends, who like to declare that everyone in the world wants the same things and we're all the same. Well...sort of, not really.

This is a nice (but unfortunate) example that, the world doesn't all want the same things, there's some cultures that just aren't compatible with others. These two went into a realm where basic instincts are what rules and protects the people living there. They ignored all of their human intuition in their quest to satisfy their short-sighted, callow ideals. Sorry their families will have to deal with their loss but, it could've been prevented.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Two less votes for the democrats.

Yup. No loss.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
Shoulda bought a boat. Roll Eyes Big Grin

that's exactly what I thought of, too. Razz

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I laughed when I read the thread title. Does that make me a bad person?
No

You were already a bad person. Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post