SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dropped the youngest off this morning, headed to Parris Island GRADUATED! Pg3
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dropped the youngest off this morning, headed to Parris Island GRADUATED! Pg3 Login/Join 
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your son. And also to you for raising a fine young man.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A hearty Ooh Rah to your son and you. He will forever be part of the family of warriors - the United States Marines.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most Awesome! Please post a new picture of him in uniform and post it in the OP- I think the changes will be impressive.

Thank him for his service and let him know some of us really appreciate what he's doing.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
And if you could, please post pics of the graduation. Cool

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! My son flew back for infantry school this last week. It was exciting to see him leave a brash teenager and come back a Marine! He now knows the beginning of that brotherhood and I can't wait to see as he continues to progress. I am excited for you and for him.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job all the way around !

Keep us posted--

(also -- ROTC offers scholarships other than full 4-years... so don't give up on that option if he is interested. That Marine basic training / enlisted experience would make him a fine cadet I'd wager)

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Does he know where he will be stationed?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
He will go to Pendleton for Infantry training, 65 days. He has an 03 MOS.

Will be Reserves and going to college.
He wanted to go ROTC, but had some issues his senior year of high school.

I think when he didn't get accepted into the ROTC program, that was the impetus to change from full time to Reserves.

We got a phone call Sunday after they completed the Crucible, and he sounded pretty gung-ho about everything, After 11 weeks of basic, thats pretty impressive I think.

Here's a pic from the offical Facebook page, not sure if this was before or after Crucible.

anonymus upload image

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Graduation was Friday!
Have a lot more pics/video on wifes phone, but here's a couple from graduation & Family Day.

He qual'd Expert on the range, the instructors had fun with him. Apparently he was shooting middle of the pack with an ACOG that was scratched up so bad he was guessing where the reticle was.

He finally said something, and ended up 2nd in the platoon after being give a replacement.

The marksmanship instructor singled him out as being from WV where you get good at two things, shooting & fornicating with your cousins. All of the DI's apparently caught wind of it, and he had several colorful nicknames by the end of basic.

Here's a couple pics.....

image upload free

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Simply awesome.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
He will go to Pendleton for Infantry training, 65 days. He has an 03 MOS.

Will be Reserves and going to college.
He wanted to go ROTC, but had some issues his senior year of high school.

I think when he didn't get accepted into the ROTC program, that was the impetus to change from full time to Reserves.

We got a phone call Sunday after they completed the Crucible, and he sounded pretty gung-ho about everything, After 11 weeks of basic, thats pretty impressive I think.

Here's a pic from the offical Facebook page, not sure if this was before or after Crucible.

anonymus upload image

I'm a few miles south of Pendleton and it sounds like he'll be here for Thanksgiving.

As a retired sailor, please pass along the invite for him and a couple two to four of his brothers (and sisters) in arms, the invitation for a Thanksgiving Day respite.

I will even be able to pick him/ them up.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I'm a few miles south of Pendleton and it sounds like he'll be here for Thanksgiving.

As a retired sailor, please pass along the invite for him and a couple two to four of his brothers (and sisters) in arms, the invitation for a Thanksgiving Day respite.

I will even be able to pick him/ them up.

Outstanding offer! During 20 years in the Navy I spent many holidays with strangers, mostly Americans living overseas, who came down to the ship and picked us up. Every time was a great time.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Way to go!

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Congratulations once again! Really proud of ALL of you!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post