SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Halloween Candy - What's Popular In Your Neighborhood Tonight?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halloween Candy - What's Popular In Your Neighborhood Tonight? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
I swear that either my neighborhood's going upscale or a whole bunch of vets have moved in over the last year. Those little rugrats are going STRAIGHT for gummi bears tonight.

What's moving in your neighborhood?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snickers and Welch's Fruit Snacks

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Snickers ain't nothing to laugh about.

That's a serious candy bar.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Their only choice is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I doubt we'll have a single trick or treater, though. Guess I gotta eat the 2 bags I bought.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I know it seems like a shame, but the time will come when you learn to just toss 'em.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple hookers came by, so I gave 'em a few airline bottles of vodka.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun neighborhood

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
All I know is; over 12 years old gets one piece handed to them, between 6 and 11 they get to take a piece, under 5 and I might keep adding candy till the little tike decides to walk away. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Pretty slow night here, which is not normal.

My wife bought several bags of candy ranging from taffy and nerds to a decent mix to the good stuff like candy bars and M&Ms.

I THOUGHT I had a game plan by giving out the lowest quality first and working our way through the bags so if any was left it would be the good stuff.

I was quickly reminded this is for the kids and to mix it ALL into a big bag and hand it out.

Of course she is right and if I want a candy then I can go buy it. We handed out large amounts as it seemed like a slow night, which it ended up being so I still have some good leftovers. We had to end very early tonight as both of us have to get up very early tomorrow for work.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’m giving shots of bourbon. Same 14 dads have been by 6 or eight times. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
All I know is; over 12 years old gets one piece handed to them, between 6 and 11 they get to take a piece, under 5 and I might keep adding candy till the little tike decides to walk away. Big Grin

Big Grin

I let the little ones (3 and under) grab their own.

One little girl grabbed two handfuls. About 6 or 7 pieces of candy.

Behind her were about a half dozen teens.

I told them; "she got year candy!"

They just stood there for a minute and the turned and walked away.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
We gave out butterfingers bars. The kids seemed to like that.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I had a cooler full of beer to give to the parents (yearly tradition), but sadly got stuck buying a car and didn't get home in time. Frown

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't get any trick or treaters since I moved out to the woods, but when I lived in Kansas, I got plenty. I kept three bowls of candy:
1. The mini Snickers for the little kids.
2. The small Hershey bars that I got "several" years before on sale for the older teens that came late.
3. Some of these for the Dad or Mom that came to the door with the kids:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KitKat's were hot tonight.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
We had snicker, milkyway, 3 musk, kitkat, payday and butterfingers. Kids avoided the snickers and went for the butterfingers.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My kid's best score was a full size Hershey bar with almonds, at 2 different houses.

And they gave the wife and I each 1 of them!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
I don't get any trick or treaters since I moved out to the woods, but when I lived in Kansas, I got plenty. I kept three bowls of candy:
1. The mini Snickers for the little kids.
2. The small Hershey bars that I got "several" years before on sale for the older teens that came late.
3. Some of these for the Dad or Mom that came to the door with the kids:

Boy, now I wish I’d gone up with my son instead of asking him to try on his own! He’s just turned 5 so he raked in more candy than I ever remember getting! The givers were generous with him (maybe it was saying the “thank yous” before the “trick or treat”). He’s still learning the order of the words, but boy did he have fun! Refused to set down his pumpkin once in the car, and naturally he was so tired he fell asleep on the way home and it spilled all over on the floor. Ah, well. What a nice night, and a lot of trick or treaters out. It was a variety of things that were popular...but someone found trim nails in their mini snickers.. remember to check your candy. Happy Halloween to all!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
We give out York Peppermint Patties, always seems to be a hit with the kids.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll be. I always thought of them as something Granddad got for my grandmother when they went out to eat at the cafeteria.