SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do I need to know about replacing auto glass?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do I need to know about replacing auto glass? Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I used Safelite once, never again. Left out the molding around the windshield and tried to tell me I had an aftermarket windshield when I complained. I bought the truck new so I knew if was a lie. Had to take it back 3 times before they got it right.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our families have had Safelight many times, always with great results. Our local guy Kevin, was recommended by our excellent body man, and we have never been disappointed.

Remember though, Safelight installers are individuals and your results may vary.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Most mobile companies use shit glass. Good enough, perhaps, but definitely not the same quality as OEM. Check first...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I've heard good and bad about Safelite...probably depends on where you are and who runs their shop. I had the windshield replaced in both my cars by a local shop. The first quote was REALLY cheap, but when I inquired what glass it was, it was some cheap Mexico crap. I expressed my desire to have American mfg. glass and they used PGW glass. I'm VERY satisfied with the quality of the glass and the workmanship of the install.

2011 Venza was $175 and I just did the '97 Corolla for $120. I know the OP is talking rear glass with heating elements, but definitely go with USA-made glass.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Only once did I need a windshield replacement. used safelight and they did a great job quickly. Depends on doing the work more than the company.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post