SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Using Qubes OS?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Using Qubes OS? Login/Join 
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted
I have it on a Thinkpad 6th Gen Carbon and have been using it a bit. Crazy good security model with the Xen hypervisor and the control it allows. I'm currently using fedora based personal and work VMs, Win10 standalone VM, And a fedora based RDP VM. It's very fast with no hiccups so far.

I was wondering if anyone else uses Qubes and your experiences. Email, browsing, and RDP have been my main uses so far.

https://www.qubes-os.org/

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting.

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
It looks very interesting.

I'd like to hear what some of our more Knowledgeable IT people have to say about it.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
It looks very interesting.

I'd like to hear what some of our more Knowledgeable IT people have to say about it.

The security seems unmatched. Of course with extreme security there's some inconvenience but they deal with it very well. It can also be fairly hardware specific. But being able to have everything compartmentalized is pretty awesome. It also forces you to organize your computing.

RDP through neorouter works great with it and also any shares wanted. It's also nice having Whonix "built in"

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
It appears to be yet another Parrot Security kind of OS. Parrot Security OS

I couldn't find a 'live' cd/usb option. Does one exist so I can give it a spin without messing up my host OS?

H&K-Guy

ETA: OK, I just created a VM to install it to on one of my VMWare Servers. Problem solved, for now.

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post
Anybody else tried Qubes? I use it every couple days and have been pleased. It’s been fun segregating the aspects of computing. Disposable VMs are a great concept.