SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Leather makers, im wanting a rifle bolt holster
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leather makers, im wanting a rifle bolt holster Login/Join 
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted
I'm looking around. I'm surprised I don't see one that goes over belt then snaps around holster like some of the 22 revolver pistol holsters have.
Seems that would be a good selling leather product.

Id prefer not to have to unstring a belt, put it on/ take it off, then restring.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...A39F3EM1KM5IAG&psc=1

I wish this one "strapped over and around.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Haveme1or2,

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Seems like a mag holder could be fairly easily adapted to this purpose.

Posts: 6470 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
How about a belt clip? Edgewood offers a bolt holster with a metal belt clip.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2980112538

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’m curious as to why you would want such a thing? Seems to me having the bolt separate from the rifle substantially increases the chances of it being lost.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
The receiver makes a dandy holster for a bolt. It’s like it was made for it. Wink

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
What is the purpose of holstering a rifle bolt?
quote:
Edgewood offers a bolt holster with a metal belt clip.

That explains the how, but not the why. Confused

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There are some bolt rifle competitions that don't allow you to have a bolt in your rifle unless you're on the firing line. Basically an ultra-anal way to prevent NDs behind the firing line.

(Also handy if you're the boss on a chain gang who wants to leave the rifle in your truck so you don't have to lug it around all day, and wants to be able to send Luke to fetch said rifle without worrying about him shooting you with it on the way back.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Lol ! Chang gang !

No safe competition allows bolts in rifles unless range is hot.

I'm not gonna be down range of anybody who doesn't remove the bolt !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Sinclair's probably has these, they are common in IBS and NBRSA competition.

Make sure you get one with a flap. I once new a guy that visited the outhouse at a match and realized the bolt for his Stolle Panda made the trip to the bottom of the pit.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Seems to me having the bolt separate from the rifle substantially increases the chances of it being lost.

Hence bolt holsters: cannot be in the rifle? Cannot be lost if carried in a holster on one's person; less likely, anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Edgewood offers a bolt holster with a metal belt clip.

Brownells/Sinclair sells the same one as well.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
So what is the reason for removing the bolt from your rifle? Looks like a good way to loose it.

Ever see the price of the earlier Browning BLR magazines?? $100 to $200 if you can find one.

Check ebay for holsters. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
So what is the reason for removing the bolt from your rifle? Looks like a good way to loose it.

He mentioned it in his last post: He competes in rifle competitions where, for safety reasons, bolt aren't allowed to be inserted in rifles unless they're on a hot firing line.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

He mentioned it in his last post: He competes in rifle competitions where, for safety reasons, bolt aren't allowed to be inserted in rifles unless they're on a hot firing line.

With two previous direct explanations and one or two more that alluded to it, I just assumed that question was a [characterization deleted] joke at this point—no?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“guy that visited the outhouse at a match and realized the bolt for his Stolle Panda made the trip to the bottom of the pit.”

An “oh shit!” Moment, for sure.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Well, they makes sense for safety reasons. If it is lost, you would know were to look. Big Grin

I would think a holster modified with a velco patch would serve the purpose for easy removal.

You could contact some of the leather people on ebay and have one modified.

Here is one on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Protekt...CVQQX4CA99H665QQ71K0

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I was thinking one of the leather toolers here might speak up and I could get one like in the link in the OP.

Made like I've described in the OP.

I have several store bought ....

posted Hide Post
Swiss service rifle use them all the time; you Will Not get in the beer tent with a bolt in your rifle. Long standing rule there, according to the Swiss Rifle Forum.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
A sheath that comes with a AA Mini Mag light ?

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Sigforum always comes through. My laughs for the day!!! Smile

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I can see taking the bolt out to enter the beer tent, makes sense.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post