SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help with a business logo and website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with a business logo and website Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I dont have any clue what I’m looking at cost wise or who to approach. If someone here is interested in a small project, I’d be happy to talk...feel free to email me. What I’m needing is some type of basic logo and a single page website just to advertise my Class III firearm business. I do not need any check out baskets, no buying will be going on at the website..only information. I have a couple of basic ideas for a logo, but thats it.

Any advise or pointers are appreciated.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Fiverr.com for the logo.

Wix.com for the website.

The monthly fees for Wix is pretty cheap--only slightly more expensive than you would pay just for the web page hosting by itself.

Fiverr prices vary, but you can get logos knocked out for $30-50. If you have an idea of how you want the logo, just search for that style: "rustic logo" or "vintage logo" or whatever, and you'll pull up a bunch of people who do that style of work.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I’ll take a look! Just FYI, I have an account with GoDaddy and have an email and domain name.

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
are you already paying for godaddy hosting with the account you have?

Posts: 1072 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nshumway:
are you already paying for godaddy hosting with the account you have?

Yes Sir

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Looks like Fiverr is the way to go for everything, thank you Aeteocles! I made an account and already contacted someone. I assume I can just have GoDaddy host the website that this person makes?

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Looks like Fiverr is the way to go for everything, thank you Aeteocles! I made an account and already contacted someone. I assume I can just have GoDaddy host the website that this person makes?

I have no experience using Fiverr for a website, but presumptively there's got to be some sort of "deliverable" that is expressly outlined when you order the product. The type of deliverable will dictate how you implement and host the website. It might just be a simple bundle of files, or it might be a WordPress template, or something else. There might even be freelancers on Fiverr that will make GoDaddy site builder templates.

GoDaddy customer service is pretty good though, so don't be afraid to call and ask.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I have used Fiverr before I started making stuff myself. Those guys are pretty quick. Be sure to do a google search and image search on the Trademark website before buying your final product. I used an Indonesian guy with 50k reviews and a 4.9 rating. It was fast and done well.

I also dabble in the logo business if for some reason fiverr doesn't deliver but my experience has been good.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
If what you want are ‘basic’ static pages, then yes anything someone builds, even on a desktop, can be moved into place on your GoDaddy account.

Loose terms on the basic/static part. All I’m saying is there’s no fancy scripting involved that requires anything special.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very good, thanks for the info fellas. I submitted some ideas to a girl earlier tonight. She was a “Level 2”’designer with 500 reviews. All said 4.9 stars outta 5. We’ll see what happens.