SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Using logic, do jelly beans contain sugar?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Using logic, do jelly beans contain sugar? Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
Sugar cane is a grass, so neither.

Did the jelly beans taste good? If yes, they had sugar in them.

grass isn't vegetation?

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Award her the price of the jelly beans and throw her ass out of the courthouse.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Labeling need not be completed and the regulations need not be overly burdensome...

I would totally support nationwide legislation that required *all* food and drinks to clearly answer three specific questions regarding each and every ingredient:

* What is it? (ex: caramel, or say - Red #5)
* Where did it come from? (ex: domestic raw cane sugar, or - Beets)
* Why is it in there? (ex: color and flavor, or - color)

Tell us those important basics and let us sort out the rest for ourselves.

No more fuzzy marketing terms, misleading language, etc. You can say it's awesome, delicious, scrumptious, yummy, fantastic, and any other subjective description, but for Pete's sake be clear and honest about the actual composition and it's ingredients, and don't intentionally obfuscate things like its basically sugar water or has three days worth of sodium.

(but that woman is an idiot, with questionable motivations)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this one time , someone put chocolate in my peanut butter

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Using logic , read the damn label . Under Nutrition Facts , it says " Sugars 17g " .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Forget all the labels and stuff.

It's candy. CANDY. What more do you need to know?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Oh my God, then what the hell is in baby oil?

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
A California woman...

That's pretty much all you need to read for this article to understand the issue.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
Oh my God, then what the hell is in baby oil?

You owe me a keyboard... if you're going to be that funny, advance warning would be nice.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Candy has sugar? Who knew?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jelly Belly’s Sport Beans, a product marketed as an exercise supplement containing carbohydrates, electrolytes and vitamins

Now there's some clever marketing.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mole asses.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha ha. I run. I have tried a lot of the products marketed for runners that are used during long runs. The science is ambiguous about the benefits of using Gu, gel blocks, sports beans, etc. for athletic gain. I ain't a scientist but mentally on long runs they help me so I will still use them.

That was a long winded way to say I have tried the sports beans in question. I stopped though because I couldn't get past the idea (fact?) that I was monumentally over paying for jelly belly to put 16 jelly beans in a tiny bag and market them as a sports bean.

This is a retarded lawsuit. A judge should throw it out. It clearly shows sugar content in the nutrition label. End of story.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
if sugar cane isn't a fruit or vegetable, what is it?

"Alright, alright, Mickey's a mouse, Donald's a duck, Pluto's a dog. What's Goofy?"

"Goofy's a dog. He's definitely a dog."

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
if sugar cane isn't a fruit or vegetable, what is it?

"Alright, alright, Mickey's a mouse, Donald's a duck, Pluto's a dog. What's Goofy?"

"Goofy's a dog. He's definitely a dog."

Yep. Goofy's a dog. Pluto's just the non-verbal, mentally-challenged cousin.

It's shameful how they keep him on a leash and make him sleep outside. That's clearly abuse. Poor guy doesn't know any better, though. He's just as happy as can be with it.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I asked my 4 year old niece if Jelly Belly beans have sugar in them. Emphatic yes response.

And yet, Jessica Gomez, an adult......

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post