I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
A new drink.

Let it be lemonade.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Money (That’s What I Want)”

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Must pay tribute to the grieving widow...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
How else is she going to live a life she's accustomed to? She has no skills with which to make money, other than screeching unintelligibly into a microphone, and piling up dirt on clean floors.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
She does own the right. It's a company trying to make money off her husband's estate, not a bunch of neighborhood kids trying to sell lemonade.

I'm surprised they called it On Lemon instead of Ono Lemon or Oh No! Lemon..

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Still a bitch.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
Yoko broke up the band.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C'mon, guys. At least she broke up the Beatles. Give her some credit.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
She does own the right. It's a company trying to make money off her husband's estate, not a bunch of neighborhood kids trying to sell lemonade.

^^ This.

This was not a money grab. From the article linked in the OP.
quote:
A spokesman for Yoko’s legal team said: “John Lennon’s heirs do not want his name being used for commercial purposes.

“A fair settlement was agreed and the company paid Yoko Ono about £9,000, which is not a lot.

Not a huge fan of either John or Yoko, but anyone who wants to use both the name and the likeness of a performer might be well advised to get permission beforehand.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Ringo Sparrkling Water

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
"Whats yellow and sleeps alone?"

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lennon didn't have a monopoly on the name.

I took a crap in the john today. Is Yoko going to sue me?

Lennon must have loved Yoko for her mind because
she was one seriously ugly chick.

Posts: 659 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post