SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    22 years ago today, OKC bombing.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 years ago today, OKC bombing. Login/Join 
posted
Realized earlier today while at my office, why I had that nagging feeling I had forgotten something important. Then it hit me, today was the anniversary of a very sorrowful day that I had the sad duty to witness the immediate aftermath of.

Just wanted to take a minute and honor and remember the ones who paid the ultimate price for another mans stupid view of the world. 168 men, women and children lost their lives that morning. They were just going about their normal routine like it was going to be any other day. And for no other reason than working, or staying in a daycare in a building, they were murdered.

Some jackass who thought his cause was worth the carnage and destruction, changed so many lives and families that day. May you rot in hell for eternity you jackass. It is not even worth uttering your name and giving anyone satisfaction that even you are remembered on this day.

May God watch over the ones who perished. And may He watch over the families, first responder's and the rescue workers that were there that day and the weeks to come.

Please remember these 168 people in your prayers tonight. List and photos of the victims of the Murrah Federal Building bombing.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I was in high school when that happened, on spring break watching it on TV. Growing up in the Chicagoland area, OKC seemed like it was half a world away.

I would later live in Oklahoma twice and visited the Memorial in 2010 before I left the first time. An incredible experience.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
I visited the site in 2002. Like many, I saw this on the TV the day it happened. It's one of those that you just can't explain to someone if they haven't been there themselves. Seeing those little chairs really tugs at ones heart. A very well done memorial.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember the day and where I was.

I was able to attend the memorial 2 years ago and Words alone can not describe the experience.

Posts: 619 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I was in high school when that happened, on spring break watching it on TV. Growing up in the Chicagoland area, OKC seemed like it was half a world away.

I would later live in Oklahoma twice and visited the Memorial in 2010 before I left the first time. An incredible experience.

The memorial is something to see. It is a very fitting tribute to what happened that day and the ones who lost their lives. The change from that day to what it has become is amazing. I remember coming off of 6th street after checking in with our command and making my way down Robinson. I just stopped in the middle of the road and stared at what was left of the building. I swore I was in Beirut, and not downtown Oklahoma City.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I remember it well. After, I was hauling haz mat loads into Canada and all the placarded rigs were being pulled over at the border. The Canadians were making sure every load was in order. The bomber was a troubled individual.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
I was actually there when it happened working at Baptist Hospital. I spent a little bit of time at the actual site. It was pretty crazy on the back side of the building. I remember one day after the event, the radio stations asked for everyone driving to turn on their headlights and pull off the road. At the same time they played the song lightning crashes or something like that. Now everytime I hear that song I get goose bumps remembering what happened.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post