SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    **Bruce Gray Interview at Sig booth on page 4** SHOT Show 2018 report
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Bruce Gray Interview at Sig booth on page 4** SHOT Show 2018 report Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
A lever to push down for magazine release, vice a button you press.

Interesting. I think.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know more about that 10mm pistol in the video. Is that dressed up like a Legion gun? More info please. Thank you.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I'd like to know more about that 10mm pistol in the video. Is that dressed up like a Legion gun? More info please. Thank you.

It's not dressed up like a Legion, it IS a Legion. That was the Legion pistol display.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you I didnt know there was a 10mm model. Cant wait to see more on it.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Interesting. I think.

HKs and lots of Walthers use it. More common in Europe.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Interesting. I think.

HKs and lots of Walthers use it. More common in Europe.

I don't think I've ever seen one in person. I'll have to look more closely.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures, the info, and the interview with Bruce Gray!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I stopped by the Hogue booth and talked with one of their reps. He wasn't a camera kind of guy so I just took a bunch of pics.

New, or relatively new are...
The slip-on grip for the P320. This sample is not textured but it will be textured during final production. It felt very comfortable.

The 1911 compact rounded heel mainspring housing...

A new wider profile 226 grip with a flared magaine well. The flare is optional like the one shown below and they will have a version that does not protrude past the magazine floor plate

This may not be news to you, but it is news to me. They also offer firearm specific knives. They machine all blades in-house and they send the blade to be finished by the same company that does the finishing on your Sig or HK firearm. So for example, say you have a 226 Legion, they make a knife that has the SIG logo and has had the blade finished using the exact same process as the Sig Legion.

Tony.
I really like those P226 grips. Even the color.

posted Hide Post
If you run into a Sig rep, could you ask if they plan on making available P320 grip modules, full size, with the X5 style grips? This would be:
Flat sides
Higher beavertail
More undercut trigger guard

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ What he said, please. I can live with the grip on the 320F, but sure wouldn't mind doing a little better.

And another thanks to you and Bruce for the interview. "I've been trying to kill it....and I can't." Hah!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I managed to get an interview with Bud Fini of Sig Sauer Ammunition. For those of you who go way back on the forum, he took Earhardt's place in marketing when he left Sig. He's now VP of Sig Sauer Ammunition.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Not sure if it was asked or if anyone happens to know, but did Smith & Wesson happen to mention if they were going to be releasing a Black 5" M2.0 9mm without a manual safety or tactile LCI any time soon? I see on the website they have the FDE listed in this configuration but no black yet.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed the Bruce Gray video... thanks for that!

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeterGV:
Really enjoyed the Bruce Gray video... thanks for that!

+100

Great to hear from our SIG guru!!!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
If you run into a Sig rep, could you ask if they plan on making available P320 grip modules, full size, with the X5 style grips? This would be:
Flat sides
Higher beavertail

http://www.osagecountyguns.com...p320-x5-grip-shells/

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Met DT jr. and an interview with B Gray... did you happen to purchase a lotto ticket! Wink

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Flat sides
Higher beavertail

I called Sig Monday morning, and was told that the X5 Carry grip modules, which is what the X-VTAC uses, are available for $59 each. They will be shipping the size Medium in about two weeks, but have no date on the size large.

The Sig rep told me that in hand, the medium feel slightly smaller than the regular medium. I assume that is because material has been removed from the sides of the grip.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post