SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can someone help identify a couple of electronic components (PICS ADDED)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can someone help identify a couple of electronic components (PICS ADDED) Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I've got a circuit with what looks like a surface mounted MOSFET. The markings are 6Y and a sideways K. And maybe a diode or diode pair marked 8F and a sideways Y. I'm thinking it's foreign text, possibly of orient origin.

Here are some pics:

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I added some pictures. It is from a Dunlop FFM1 (silicon fuzz pedal). I can't find a schematic and MXR/Dunlop is pretty strict about releasing their diagrams. I could trace the circuit (it's pretty simple) but there's no point if I can't identify these components.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I think the last character is the Chinese factory where it was made, I saw one like this on youtube’s AvE channel- he takes apart tools and gives in depth explanations...plus he’s funny as shit and speaks some creole of English,French,Canadian,jibberish, and he curses like I do....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to test it on a curve tracer. I haven't seen or used a curve tracer in decades.

I don't think the #'s mean anything unless you know the manufacturer.

I checked a quick search- "Toshiba has a unique naming conventions for its MOSFETs."

https://doctortweek.wordpress....r-silicon-fuzz-face/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
From what I've been able to find, the 6y looks to be called an SMD transistor, however everything I've found has been in Chinese or Russian, and haven't found one in stock.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I think the last character is the Chinese factory where it was made, I saw one like this on youtube’s AvE channel- he takes apart tools and gives in depth explanations...plus he’s funny as shit and speaks some creole of English,French,Canadian,jibberish, and he curses like I do....
Well, I'll be danged! https://alltransistors.com/mos...php?transistor=19201 Thanks so much! Smile

Yep, I subscribed to AvE. He's one of my YouTube inspirations.

8F is a Zener diode. 6Y is a P-channel JFET

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
You basically have counterfeit parts there Mark. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
You basically have counterfeit parts there Mark. Big Grin
MXR probably gets their parts from Alibaba. Big Grin

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
You guys are bringing back a lot of memories. I never got very good at transistor/analog, so when Ethernet became a thing, I went in both feet to digital.

Mark -- Did you by any chance go to Penn Tech?

Posts: 11383 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post