SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saudi national Naval Aviation student shooting incident at Pensacola NB -
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saudi national Naval Aviation student shooting incident at Pensacola NB - Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local story to us. As I understand it, situation is resolved and are looking into terrorism angle versus disgruntled aviator. May or may not have repercussions with the pilot training community.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Glad the ECSD guys gave this shit-head what he deserved, lead poisoning. Shooter dead, 3 US Dead and 8 wounded, including the 2 ECSD Deputies that filled the shooter in.

NASP and other locations have been training foreign students for decades - Saudis, Germans, Kuwaiti, some other smaller European countries, etc.

The Saudis were never known for being that good at flying and it was pretty much impossible for them to get bounced from the program (they were paying for it after all and what do we care if they crash some of those expensive F-15S we sell them - they'll just buy more of them).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Two shootings at two notable Navy facilities in a week?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
So, where did the perp get the pistol?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Rhino, so don’t the ones that get selected for this have at least some lineage connecting them (even remotely)to the royal family? I.e. not just any Saudi citizen....

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
So, where did the perp get the pistol?

If here on a student visa, could legally purchase one no doubt.

And he chose to go to another "gun free zone", which is what all US Military bases are, unless you are at the range or a cop.

quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Rhino, so don’t the ones that get selected for this have at least some lineage connecting them (even remotely)to the royal family? I.e. not just any Saudi citizen....

Most of them were someone special / royal, aka "Al-somebody", but there was one or two 'normal' Saudis when I was going through in the late 90s. And honestly the 1 normal one going through around my time was actually a decent flight officer - the rest were trash when it came to flying.

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
In our neck of the woods. Sheriff's Office did a fine job, those joint active shooter exercise paid off. One of my shooting buddies was an instructor who retired from that building a month ago.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Gun free. Yep. Every time I go to put flowers on my parents grave I have to check my weapon at Jays. And now they charge me for it.
Hopefully this won’t affect Wreaths Across America next Saturday there. Wife and I volunteered to go help....
Glad the deputies offer him.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
First the 911 hijackers and now this?! Every one of them should be sent the fuck home but it’ll never happen.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Is that really the case? I've never researched that topic before. If true, shouldn't 'this' be banned under US law?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm going to leave this thread open, but someone please remind tacfoley of board policy about the posting of such incidents.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm going to leave this thread open, but someone please remind tacfoley of board policy about the posting of such incidents.

Apologies, Para, it won't happen again.

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Is that really the case? I've never researched that topic before. If true, shouldn't 'this' be banned under US law?
Not exactly sure, but they may also fall under this clause of 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2)

(2) Exceptions.—Subsections (d)(5)(B), (g)(5)(B), and (s)(3)(B)(v)(II) do not apply to any alien who has been lawfully admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa, if that alien is—

(A) admitted to the United States for lawful hunting or sporting purposes or is in possession of a hunting license or permit lawfully issued in the United States;

(B) an official representative of a foreign government who is—

(i) accredited to the United States Government or the Government's mission to an international organization having its headquarters in the United States; or

(ii) en route to or from another country to which that alien is accredited;

(C) an official of a foreign government or a distinguished foreign visitor who has been so designated by the Department of State; or

(D) a foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business."

-----------------

He could have also purchased it FTF here in Florida, but I assume most gun type people would have some reservations about selling to someone obviously foreign. Hopefully we know more about it in the days to come.

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
First the 911 hijackers and now this?! Every one of them should be sent the fuck home but it’ll never happen.

I had the same thought...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

I'm going to have to call BS on the second part of that tweet.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Not exactly sure, but they may also fall under this clause of 18 U.S.C.

There are 852 Saudi nationals in the US, training under the Pentagon's security co-op agreement.

And 5,180 foreign nationals from 153 countries in the US, for military training.

Foreign/NATO Govt's buy US milspec hardware and are trained/updated/upgraded in the US.

Most have the A-2 visa. Others have a G visa type 1 - 5 status.

Personal interview is usually waived.

Australia hosts some 1500 Marines yearly, in the NT - Darwin, Pine Gap ... for military training.
Marines don't need no visas. Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I would think that anyone who is in the USA legally is entitled to all rights protected under the Constitution (except for voting of course) citizen or not.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
medlem
posted Hide Post
I find it odd and baffling that my children's school, which allows firearms on the premises, is safer than a US military base.

Posts: 2242 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post