SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Millennials. We have many as members here.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millennials. We have many as members here. Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted
This might be a bit controversial here, but here goes. This is the definition of a Millennial.

Millennials: Born 1981-1996 (22-37 years old)

I know we have a ton of members in that age group. I know I am a middle-aged dude (mid 50s) and we have plenty of more experienced senior members. But should we continue to malign an age group that will be eventually become the majority group on this forum?

Food for thought?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Y'all are assholes. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If the shoe fits...

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Boomers are just salty that they have one foot in the senior home.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
AOC is 29. Nuf said. Wink

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Fair is fair: We had at least one member here opine that old people had no business driving. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
You have to be in that age group to be a millennial but you also have to have the attitude and mind set.
I haven't seen anyone like that 'round these parts. Not for long at least.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Maybe "Progressives" would be a better derogatory term. I know a lot of pro-2A, conservative "Millennials". AOC is a Progressive.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
But should we continue to malign an age group that will be eventually become the majority group on this forum?
Yes. Additionally, there is no proof millennials will ever become a majority. Baby boomers and Gen Xers are joiners but millennials are not. The generation behind you (Gen Z or iGen) is showing a lot of promise of not falling for all of the BS your generation is mocked for.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Fair is fair: We had at least one member here opine that old people had no business driving. Wink

It depends on what is considered old. I'm 71 so it's a lot older than that! Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
You have to be in that age group to be a millennial but you also have to have the attitude and mind set.
I haven't seen anyone like that 'round these parts. Not for long at least.

To me, "Millennial" is like "Baby Boomer". It is age specific. I think we should malign "Progressives"
Just my take.

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I have one at work I had to send home for questioning my reason for having him work Saturday.
He was not polite about it.

I've now questioned his ability to lead after I finish his training.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I would argue that the majority of men and women serving in our combat military positions are "Millennials". Ages 22- 37.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
No, we're just annoyed by incessantly whining ittle pissants who seem to never grow up.

Your turn

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I'm 36, so I'm on the outside edge of being a Millennial.

I don't have a problem with anyone maligning an entire segment of a population. If someone wants to fall into the trap of judging an entire group by the characteristics of certain individuals, then that's their trap to fall into.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Get off my lawn!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I'm a cusper according to a class we took... since I was born on the cusp of gen X and baby boomer generations.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/15iLHlJPp_0

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
No, we're just annoyed by incessantly whining ittle pissants who seem to never grow up.

Your turn

Thats what we all can not stand! Whining little pissants. I agree 100%. Most of those little shits are Progressives.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
If there are millennials as members here, they have their shit together and give me hope Wink

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
This might be a bit controversial here, but here goes. This is the definition of a Millennial.

Millennials: Born 1981-1996 (22-37 years old

I thought Millennials covered 1982-1997 or 1998...
Which means I have to quit teasing my daughter (born in '97), but I can start teasing my GF (born in '81)!

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post