SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Mouseketeer Doreen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Mouseketeer Doreen Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Doreen Tracey, one of the original Mouseketeers on “Mickey Mouse Club,” died from pneumonia in Thousand Oaks, Calif. on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for two years. She was 74.

Tracey appeared on the Disney series when it aired for four years (1955-1959) on ABC. She auditioned for “Mickey Mouse Club” at age 12. While being a Mouseketeer, Tracey appeared in the Disney film “Westward Ho the Wagons!” She had a role in the “Mickey Mouse Club” serial titled “Annette.” She also toured in Australia with the Mouseketeers.

Tracey remained close with the other Mouseketeers. She co-starred with them in multiple “Mickey Mouse Club” reunion shows at Disneyland and at Disney conventions. She last celebrated the show’s 60th Anniversary in 2015.

After the Disney show ended, Tracey had guest starring roles on multiple episodic television shows and toured American military bases in Thailand and South Vietnam with an original act. She then transitioned to working as a publicist for musician and composer Frank Zappa, and she had a multi-decade administration career at Warner Bros.

Born in London, England, Tracey didn’t move to the United States until she was 4 years old after her father opened a dance studio in Hollywood. Tracey learned to sing and dance in the studio.

Tracey is survived by her son and two grandchildren.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Frown

sad news

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear. My sisters and I watched that program almost every day.

I was desperately in love with Annette, I guess lots of us were.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep Annette was a cute girl and a beautiful woman with a smokin body, it was a shame the way her health went down hill on her.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doreen Tracey

Born in England and performed with Frank Zappa.
The first Mouseketeer to appear nude (Many more followed her) She out-lived Annette.
She led a good life, RIP Doreen.
Doreen Tracey, an original Mouseketeer on "The Mickey Mouse Club" who went on to pose nude in her mouse ears and form a rock band, has died.
https://patch.com/california/h...ys-mouseketeers-dies

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch when they originally aired but I did watch reruns. Loved the originals. They never recaptured that one anytime they tried to do another MMC. I'd like to watch all of them again.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
Sad to hear. My sisters and I watched that program almost every day.

I was desperately in love with Annette, I guess lots of us were.

Yep, I was desperately in love with her as well. She was the Mary Anne of that time for sure.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Annette Funicello was my favorite. And I believe that she was that Hollywood rarity – a conservative.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that Annette was the heart throb of millions of red blooded males!!! She sure was mine.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post