SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You cannot make this stuff up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You cannot make this stuff up Login/Join 
posted
A man "doing donuts'' in his vehicle on a runway at the Slidell Municipal Airport has been arrested, police said Sunday (Aug. 13).

Asked why, police said he responded that he was "just being stupid.''

The Slidell Police Department, noting that it had yet another "you can't make this stuff up'' story, posted an item to its Facebook page describing a call in which an officer responded to the report of donut-doing driver around noon Sunday.

"Before police arrived, the man got his vehicle stuck in a ditch...all while airplanes were coming in for a landing,'' the post said. "He was obviously arrested.''

Police said John Robertson, 49, of Kilmichael, Miss., was driving a 1995 GMC Sierra pick-up truck on the runway. Witnesses said he was doing "donuts" and got his truck stuck in a ditch before police arrived.

Asked why by officers, Robertson replied that he was "just being stupid."

He was arrested and cited for reckless operation of a vehicle, police said. Airport officials are investigating how he gained access to the runway and additional charges could follow, police said.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Well, there you go.
I've always said that tequila before noon was a bad decision.

(Actually, I've told my six kids that tequila in general is a bad decision....Then I have to tell the story [from college] WHY tequila is a bad decision.....). Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Robertson replied that he was "just being stupid."

Gee, we're gonna need a lot more jails

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Really? We're surprised that a "country boy" in a truck was doing doughnuts at an airport? You know what's going through his mind, "If I only had a bigger lift, I would not have gotten caught".

And we're surprised how he gained access? The gate is wide open...in the Google Streetview photo.

Welcome to bored people in rural America. This stuff happens all the time. He just had the misfortune of getting stuck, and subsequently caught. To be honest, this is probably better than him shooting himself, getting into a fight, or coming to the hospital with back pain so he can get his prescription of oxy.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
Well, there you go.
I've always said that tequila before noon was a bad decision.

(Actually, I've told my six kids that tequila in general is a bad decision....Then I have to tell the story [from college] WHY tequila is a bad decision.....). Eek

She can handle any Champagne brunch
Bridal shower with Barcadi punch
Jello shooters full of Smirnoff
But tequila makes her clothes fall off...

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the Navy while in Charleston SC we got stopped by security on an air force base around 4am. Security was impatiently waiting for the driver to hand over his drivers license- "Hurry up" response "Cut me some slack I've been drinking all night". Big Grin

I miss the old days.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
If you haven't done donuts in at least one vehicle you've owned, you've not lived.

Or something.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Like they say, you can't fix stupid . Not even with duct tape and bailing wire!

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
the only reason he was arrested, is because when the cops showed up, they got pissed when they realized it was the wrong kind of donuts. Dispatch should probably be a bit more clear.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I remember burying a buddies Plymouth up to the bumpers in the grassy area around the flag pole in front of the high school at about 4:00 AM. Those were a tense couple of hours trying to get it out before the sun came up and the teachers began to arrive.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I was at court once when a guy told the judge he was "just being stupid" (had gotten stopped for speeding-over 100)

Judge laughed out loud and told the guy that he has never heard that reason before....Judge let him pay the costs and told him to smarten up.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post