SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California lawmaker wants to stop restaurants from providing plastic straws unless requested
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California lawmaker wants to stop restaurants from providing plastic straws unless requested Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Well, this is the last straw!

How did we make it 20 posts before this! Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Well, this is the last straw!

How did we make it 20 posts before this! Big Grin

Mr. Funny-man was asleep at the switch apparently.

So what is the alternative? California residents must ask for a straw? Does it need to be registered to them? Is a background check required to see if they've abused straws before? What if you bring your own straw?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
What if you bring your own straw?

The permit to carry will likely be a bitch to obtain...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Good grief! Next thing will be only allowing 3 squares of toilet paper! Save the trees and environment.

Thanks, if a CA state legislator happens to get wind of this, we will see the legislation here before year end. They wlil probably mandate a smartphone app to monitor and report toilet paper use. (But all in the name of saving the universe) Wink

Single Ply Only...

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good grief! Next thing will be only allowing 3 squares of toilet paper! Save the trees and environment.

Actually we had a First Sgt in the army who demonstrated how to do that job with only one sheet!. I will try to describe it:

Take the one sheet, fold it in half, then fold it in half, the other direction so you have it folded in quarters. Then fold that diagonally from corner to corner.

Tear off about 1/4 - 3/8 of an inch, putting that torn off piece between your teeth.

Do your "job".

Unfold that single sheet of paper, stick your finger through the hole and wipe.

With your finger still through the hole, wrap the sheet around the finger, wipe finger clean.

Take that sharp pointed piece between your teeth and clean your finger nail.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Land of the free, home of the, wait, what??!! Illegal to give a man a straw?

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
As much as I am against such an absurd idea, I can think of a cop or two I wouldn’t mind sending to such a call....

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
this 'legislator' needs to have an adjustment made - I suggest a baseball bat

of all the stupid, fucked up things that are happening in California - he decides this rises to the level of state legislation?

He either has too much time on his hands or he is severely retarded

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Already done. That's what the 3 shells are for.

quote:
What if you bring your own straw?

I'm sure the first person to come through the door of a restaurant with a plastic or god forbid a tactical stainless straw will be arrested immediately and sent to prison for life.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who did the research to determine the 127 school bus figure? Roll Eyes
And the one sheet poop wipe instruction makes me glad I did not join the Army!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:

Actually we had a First Sgt in the army who demonstrated how to do that job with only one sheet!. I will try to describe it:

Take the one sheet, fold it in half, then fold it in half, the other direction so you have it folded in quarters. Then fold that diagonally from corner to corner.

Tear off about 1/4 - 3/8 of an inch, putting that torn off piece between your teeth.

Do your "job".

Unfold that single sheet of paper, stick your finger through the hole and wipe.

With your finger still through the hole, wrap the sheet around the finger, wipe finger clean.

Take that sharp pointed piece between your teeth and clean your finger nail.

What about burrito night? Or a late night White Castle run?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can't spare a square.. Not a square to spare. Not even a ply

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I guess they'll use the ATF to enforce straw purchasers.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Can those who bring their own straws count on sanctuary cities giving them sanctuary? Roll Eyes

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Ah California...debating what color to paint the house, as the house burns to the ground.

Or more to the point is the high likelihood that the person serving you the straw is here illegally and may be getting paid under an assumed identity. All of that is just fine, of course, but the STRAW! Well, that's another matter entirely!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im sure the lawmaker printed out his proposed straw ban on a heavyweight embossed paper and made enough copies to hand out to everyone and their brother.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, of course, Trump is crazy...

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
My God, I need to escape... Frown

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
He either has too much time on his hands or he is severely retarded
I vote for both.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post