SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today's NFL Conference Championship games: Sun Jan 21st
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today's NFL Conference Championship games: Sun Jan 21st Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Truth be told, even more than I do the Super Bowl itself, I look forward to the NFL Conference Championship games every year.

Go Vikes!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go Vikings. As a Packer fan I'll admit it's their turn.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
SKOL!!!

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Vikings are going to need all the help they can get against the Eagles defense at home. Also, four teams over the last ten years won a playoff game on a walk off TD. All of them lost by an average of 23 points the next week. Go Birds!!

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

As a (former) Rams fan... I think it's hilarious that our two former backup QB's will face in the NFC Championship game.
Case Keenum is fun to root for... so....
Go Vikings!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

As a (former) Rams fan... I think it's hilarious that our two former backup QB's will face in the NFC Championship game.
Case Keenum is fun to root for... so....
Go Vikings!

Don't forget that Sam Bradford was a Ram as well.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
SKOL, Go Vikes, my High School made national news with their SKOL chant.

SKOL CHANT

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Vikings are going to need all the help they can get against the Eagles defense at home. Also, four teams over the last ten years won a playoff game on a walk off TD. All of them lost by an average of 23 points the next week. Go Birds!!

I'm an Eagles fan, too......but the Birds have one disadvantage playing today...... Unreliable/inaccurate Nick Foles.

Vikings can win today if they can pressure Foles.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

I'm an Eagles fan, too......but the Birds have one disadvantage playing today...... Unreliable/inaccurate Nick Foles.

Vikings can win today if they can pressure Foles.

The Vikings defense is good and they certainly can win today, but that number 1 defense becomes number 8 on the road.

The Eagles OL is probably the best the Vikings have faced all year from left guard to right tackle. It will come down to pressure and line play, but on the other side of the ball, the Eagles line is dominate at home and the Vikings are having trouble lately. The Vikings gave up 10 sacks in the first 8 games, but have given up 19 in the last 9. They gave up 7 sacks at home and 20 on the road. Right tackle was a problem last week and now they have to deal with a line including Graham, Cox, Jernigan, and Curry that stays fresh substituting like hockey lines. That's problematic considering Keenum holds the ball for an average of 2.5 seconds and throws it like a beach ball off his back foot under pressure (second half of the Saints game).

The Vikings are a really talented team and it probably will be a close game that comes down to mistakes. I'll take the Eagles DL at home on grass going against a shaky Vikings OL. We'll see...

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
It's on the radio 94WIP. The only way to watch a game.

In two weeks, my buddy is having a garage party. The game on the radio plus a few old B&W & color TVs with the sound down. A giant Snapple two door merchandiser stuffed with beer and sandwiches. No doubt the 27" 4-burner Garland will be fired up as well. Burgers, dogs, sausages in old cast iron skillets. Maybe even french fries cooked in fresh oil.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
HAHAHHAHAA another Foles TD!!!!!

The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
It's on the radio 94WIP.

What a flashback. That and was it 93.3 WMMR?

It’s been 35+ years but it seems like yesterday I was at the Mummers parade.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3850 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

It’s looking really good for us Philly people!

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Minnesota is getting their butt's kicked.

Also, Ronin, you're avatar is HUGE!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Truth be told, even more than I do the Super Bowl itself, I look forward to the NFL Conference Championship games every year.

Go Vikes!

Truth be told, I have not watched a single NFL game this season.

I no longer give a hot damn about the NFL. My life is better for it.

Edit to add: On second thought, I can't really say I don't give a damn. The fact is that I'm angry with and at the NFL, and that's giving a damn. They don't deserve any of my eyeball time; they don't even deserve any rent-free space in my head.

Fuck those America-hating ass holes.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I was wrong. It' not the Vikes turn. Oh well. Go Pack. Next year when Mr. Rogers is back.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The city is going nuts, fireworks everywhere.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
The city is going nuts, fireworks everywhere.

I certainly set off a few of the 37mm variety! Go birds!

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post