SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do we like for a good hiking type shoe/boot for general wear.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we like for a good hiking type shoe/boot for general wear. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Lowas, I had some issued when I was in a unit with a big budget. They are very comfortable to wear all day long and mile after mile.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Merrell Moab Ventilator

Good choice for the money.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Merrell Moab Ventilator

These are also my favorite. I am on my 3rd pair and wear them pretty much everywhere in any condition that doesn't require full waterproof hiking boots.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
quote:
Merrell Moab Ventilator

These are also my favorite. I am on my 3rd pair and wear them pretty much everywhere in any condition that doesn't require full waterproof hiking boots.

These are the standard by which all others should be judged. I have gone through 4 pairs of these, all were excellent shoes by any objective measure.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Moabs as a mid-high lightweight boot.

For shoes - I really like these a lot:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002...f=twister_B0041FHZAS

They actually look 'shoe-like' enough you can wear them with khakis and not look super goofy.

Just an all around good active shoe.

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
My current boots are Lowa Renegades.

They're light and comfortable, and I've worn them for doing everything from walking in snow to playing soccer.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cliff- I am on my 3rd pair of Lowas, the brand of boots I have been wearing for over 12 years. Recently though, I have been wearing Redback boots, made in Australia, since I dont do any hiking/backpacking. I find the Redbacks really comfortable and good for everyday wear.

http://www.redbackboots.com/

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Asolo and Lowa's.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post