SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lindesy Vonn failed at the Olympics and I could be happier about it only if...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lindesy Vonn failed at the Olympics and I could be happier about it only if... Login/Join 
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Gold = Winner
Silver = First Loser
Bronze = Who?

Posts: 1472 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
Gold = Winner
Silver = First Loser
Bronze = Who?

I don't think Norway’s Ragnhild Mowinckel is looking at it that way! Silver was far better than anyone expected from her... Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Im with parabellum!

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gold = Winner
Silver = First Loser
Bronze = Who?

In her case, bronze is for "has been".

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whenever they shout "Ragnhild Mowinckel" I hear "Rocky'n Bullwinkle".

Am I the only one ?!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:

Am I the only one ?!

not even. Cool

Posts: 6358 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:

Am I the only one ?!

Nope! My little group of friends has an ongoing joke about Rocky and Bullwinkle. One of the guys has always been a big fan of the cartoon. He has a set of "Moose and Squirrel" coffee mugs. So another guy got himself a new bride who's from Russia. We were all sitting around one evening getting to know her, she's talking about wildlife over there and sez "We have your moose and squirrel," and we all just about fell over laughing, thinking about Boris and Natasha kidnapping R&B. She didn't get the joke until somebody explained it to her.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
Gold = Winner
Silver = First Loser
Bronze = Who?

In her case, bronze is for "has been".

Or, as I discovered Sunday evening, bronze=newest spokesperson for Bounty, the Quicker-Picker-Upper.

I'm struggling a bit with the product tie-in.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
Or, as I discovered Sunday evening, bronze=newest spokesperson for Bounty, the Quicker-Picker-Upper.

The tie-in is her quickly picking up Tiger Woods, not the bonze. Big Grin

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, I don't get that one.

On the other hand, how long do you think it'll be before we see Matt Hamilton and the rest of the American curling team in a Swiffer commercial?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Chances are that unless she becomes a sports commentator, she'll fade into history.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Yeah, I don't get that one.

On the other hand, how long do you think it'll be before we see Matt Hamilton and the rest of the American curling team in a Swiffer commercial?

Ha ha. I see would you did there.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Speaking of karma, what ever happened to the speed skater that played the race card when he didn't get to carry the flag in the opening ceremony? I haven't heard anything about him.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Speaking of karma, what ever happened to the speed skater that played the race card when he didn't get to carry the flag in the opening ceremony? I haven't heard anything about him.

Shani Davis, came in 17th in a field of 30+ Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bringing up the rear, was he?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yeah...REAL impact, that guy is. Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Yeah...REAL impact, that guy is. Roll Eyes

He's held the 1000 meter world record since 2009. He'll be relevant until somebody breaks it. Even though he's a whiny race card puller.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
17th out of 30, huh? Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. *s* Karma!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post