SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lindesy Vonn failed at the Olympics and I could be happier about it only if...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lindesy Vonn failed at the Olympics and I could be happier about it only if... Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wrong thread for a Vonn fan. Figure it out, man.

If you don't understand why Floyd posted that video, you are in the wrong thread.

Dig?

Posts: 107575 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Didn't mean it as a fan video. More of an if only now.
Sorry.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No need to apologize

Please repost it, Floyd. no one else will try to brow beat you about it in this thread.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That was directed at me?

No Vonn fan here. I only pointed out that that video was blatantly misleading in its title.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
If only this had happened in Korea.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
Vonn seemed far too concerned about her image, marketability and fame. Winter Olympics athletes from Northern European seem far more concerned about performing well for the sake of performing well for their countries.

She is incredibly full of herself. Me, Me, Me. I was hoping for her to get bumped out of 3rd too, but too many of the other skiers who had a shot at doing it, DNF'd the course.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Dammit! She got the bronze. That really pisses me off! Ain't no justice is there?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Dammit! She got the bronze. That really pisses me off! Ain't no justice is there?
So she's the second worst loser. Sounds about right.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
She’ll be going for a last time here in a few minutes ....

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
She DNF the second half of the combined. So no more medals for her.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I will take a sammich! Wink

With bacon

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

I was watching... and cheering for Norway’s Ragnhild Mowinckel! Big Grin

We need more Norwegian immigrants in our 'hood.

I'll mention it to The President at lunch today.

Ragnhild Mowinckel !

That's the best name ever.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
Embed disabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgJyJ91V99Y

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Typical leftIst behavior- The addled bitch uses her celebrity to take a shot at the POTUS, thus making her performance in the Olympics a referendum on American politics. Then, when she does poorly, some of the 60 MILLION Americans who voted for Donald Trump mock her, and then she and her defenders act as if WE are the ones who did all of this. You conceited bitch- this is YOUR doing, all the way. All the way. YOU turned this into something political. No one else did it. YOU are responsible for the ridicule you've received, so just take your medicine that you ASKED FOR and STFU.

Where's my damn sandwich?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Typical leftIst behavior- The addled bitch uses her celebrity to take a shot at the POTUS, thus making her performance in the Olympics a referendum on American politics. Then, when she does poorly, some of the 60 MILLION Americans who voted for Donald Trump mock her, and then she and her defenders act as if WE are the ones who did all of this. You conceited bitch- this is YOUR doing, all the way. All the way. YOU turned this into something political. No one else did it. YOU are responsible for the ridicule you've received, so just take your medicine that you ASKED FOR and STFU.

Make sure she washes her hands first.

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Or as dey say on da skreet- Don't start none won't be none.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
#karmaisareallindseyvonn

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sounds like she skipped a gate on the slalom portion of the women’s combined snd got herself disqualified. Couldn’t happen to a more selfish person.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23248 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

It's just a bronze. You don't get the really good sponsorships and media placements with a Bronze.

Lindsey Vonn: Much ado about nothing.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10923 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
My guess is the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this family.

quote:
Alan Kidlow, father of Lindsey Vonn, gave some unique insight into the type of relationship he may have with his daughter after comments he made about her bronze medal win in the downhill.

“It’s great skiing”, Kidlow explained. “But it reminds me of something that [American skier] Buddy Werner used to say. He said there’s two places in the race, first and last, and I only want one of them.”

So what you’re really saying is that if you’re not first, you’re last? Ricky Bobby would be proud, sir.

The pair had been estranged for many years due to Vonn’s marriage to her ex-husband, Thomas Vonn. A marriage that Kidlow never approved of, which put a halt on all conversations between the father and daughter for several years. But recently, the two have reconciled their differences. Kidlow even made the long trek to PyeongChang to watch live what will probably be his daughter’s last Olympics.
Olympics HomeMedalsScheduleResultsAthletes
Thanks, But No Thanks
Canada's Jocelyn Larocque rips off her silver medal after losing to U.S.

Lindsey Vonn's father wasn't entirely impressed with his daughter's bronze medal
Yahoo Sports Casey GuttingYahoo SportsFeb 21, 2018, 9:50 PM

Alan Kidlow, father of Lindsey Vonn, gave some unique insight into the type of relationship he may have with his daughter after comments he made about her bronze medal win in the downhill.

“It’s great skiing”, Kidlow explained. “But it reminds me of something that [American skier] Buddy Werner used to say. He said there’s two places in the race, first and last, and I only want one of them.”

So what you’re really saying is that if you’re not first, you’re last? Ricky Bobby would be proud, sir.

The pair had been estranged for many years due to Vonn’s marriage to her ex-husband, Thomas Vonn. A marriage that Kidlow never approved of, which put a halt on all conversations between the father and daughter for several years. But recently, the two have reconciled their differences. Kidlow even made the long trek to PyeongChang to watch live what will probably be his daughter’s last Olympics.

Lindsey Vonn’s bronze-medal finish in the downhill competition was supposed to be part of her Olympic ride-off-into-the-sunset moment. PyeongChang was to be her swan song, a beautiful conclusion to a prodigious ski career that included winning America’s first-ever women’s gold medal in downhill (Vancouver 2010), two Olympic bronze medals, two World Championship gold medals, three World Cup silver medals, two World Cup bronze medals and 81 total World Cup wins. To say her skiing résumé is long and distinguished would be an understatement.

Kidlow did step back his harsh criticism a bit later when he expounded that Vonn was not aggressive enough in spots during the race, adding that she was “just not quite risking enough. Not straightening the line out, just the ski was a little … not quite carving in some places like it should have. But a great result. A great result.”

Vonn and her father reunited last year following the death of her grandfather – who was firmly in the American’s thoughts going into the Games.

“I wanted to win so much for him,” Vonn said in reference to her late grandfather after the race.

“But I still think I made him proud. Our family never gives up, and I kept working hard and I’m really proud of this medal. I know he is, too.”

Sometimes a father’s love and appreciation takes a little more than a bronze-medal effort, just ask Luke Skywalker.

link

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post