SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for James Hardie folks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for James Hardie folks Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
I need to have the front (just the front the back is stucco) of my house re-sided.

What is cheaper (or are they the same price), Hardie Panel board and batten or Hardie plank?

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
I like the Hardie planks and used them on my house I built about 9 years ago. Has held up well. The board and batten would be more expensive as you would need to buy the strips that go over the panels. I looked at both and chose the planks for the design aspects since our house is a Southern Living plan.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have Hardie Plank siding on my home that was built in 2001. The siding was pre-painted a nice tan color and in 2017 we had it painted about the same color after the color began to fade and look a little old. It looks great today and shows no sign of deterioration.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
When you get your estimates just ask the contractor to give you a quote for each type of material.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post