SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I can't be the only one---Best phone charging cord?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I can't be the only one---Best phone charging cord? Login/Join 
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Can't beat Paracable. Seems to be basically indestructible and cat-proof. Fast charging as well.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only downsides are that they charge slower than plugged chargers, and they're not really designed for use in a vehicle.

I've found the wireless chargers often won't work if your phone is in a csse. For me it was more hassle to keep taking the case on and off than to just find another cord.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought one of these Anker cables.

It's a stout cable. I liked the multiple connector options so I can get away with only carrying one cable when I travel. A lifetime warranty but I see it's currently unavailable.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
I have purchased every model of Anker power cord (lightning and usb-c) and they don't last any longer than the other guy, but they are more expensive (excluding the fly by night guys).

I just buy a bunch of the monoprice mfi certified lightning cables and call it a day. Lifetime warranty and you'll eventually have a spare that you can keep in rotation.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12843

Just know they will always break and resign yourself to carry a spare.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob at the Beach:
I used a long Anker braided cord. Over time the end cracked I imagine because of the weight of the cord. Anker has a great warrant. They replaced it. I used the reciept from Amazon, a picture of the cracked end and a picture of the serial number tag attached to the cord. They replaced it with no questions.

Anker just warranted a long braided one for me, too, about a year into it. Easy peasy.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post