SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fishing Fails.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fishing Fails..... Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
lol. This is why, while fascinated by the sport, I am not a fisherman. I am clumsy enough without it. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I've had a few fishing fails myself. These are great! I feel bad for the dude sinking aluminium boat though.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Was that guy with the outboard spraying ether?

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Some were pretty funny and/or clumsy. Alcohol may have been a factor in a few of those (the running cast off the pier, the starter fluid in the motor, etc). However, I can't fault the people whose pole snaps, and personally would not have included in the video.

However, if you want a complete an utter logic failure then I present to you shark fishing from a kayak:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/9bToT32GPSo

Nearly every time I went offshore salmon fishing in Alaska I saw people fishing from ocean kayaks, and the closest we were to port was 30 minutes by motor boat. There is actually a shark species, the salmon shark, that follows the salmon migration up to Alaska and every year or so a kayak fisherman gets towed a dozen plus miles by a salmon shark. I can understand hooking a shark while fishing for something else, but cut the damn line if it starts to tow you.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

I think so and he had a back fire. Big Grin That could ruin your day.

For the best laughs, I would go down and get the Sunday Washington Post and then go to the Santa Barbara Marine and watch them load and unload the boats. With the tide out, the concrete launch ramp was covered with moss and very slick. Some vehicles had to get a tow to get out.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
For the best laughs, I would go down and get the Sunday Washington Post and then go to the Santa Barbara Marine and watch them load and unload the boats. With the tide out, the concrete launch ramp was covered with moss and very slick. Some vehicles had to get a tow to get out.

My buddy had a boat in Whittier, AK. There was a bar with a patio overlooking the boat launch, and they would enjoy a cocktail after a day of boating and the next day they regaled us with boat ramp stories (fist fights, backing into other vehicles, not taking your vehicle out of reverse before getting out, leaving the drain plug out of your boat, etc).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think so and he had a back fire. That could ruin your day.

Big Grin Well, yeah! He's spraying it like he's freaking George of the Jungle using Deep Woods Off for a trek through the Congo. Big Grin

A little ether goes a long ways. Wink

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I've had a few fishing fails myself. These are great! I feel bad for the dude sinking aluminium boat though.

The clip of the aluminum boat sinking is part of a much larger movie. I'm not positive, but I *think* he actually landed the fish he hooked into that sank the boat.

As for the rest of it, I'd call the first one a pretty epic SAVE, not a fail. That dude reacted fast, and saved himself probably a couple hundred bucks worth of rod/reel. I'm not sure I would have done that. I probably would have just gotten another rod out of the rod locker. LOL

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:

Boat ramps are one of the most entertaining places one can be!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:

Boat ramps are one of the most entertaining places one can be!

Yep, especially in the Spring when the newbies launch their brand new boats. Totally clueless and entertaining. My wife and I watched many thousands of dollars trashed in their efforts.

I wish I had a dollar for every minute I've spent untangling a bird nest in my bait casting reels. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched a guy in the front of a bass boat , set the hook on a fish,
well he missed the fish lip, and the crank bait
whack him in between the nipples , and stuck there .

the hooks did not go past the barbs, so we just backed them out.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post