SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone calendar
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone calendar Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
Has anyone else ever gone back through their calendar to find a date (in the past) where you had an appointment but you can't find it? I've gone the settings and my calendar is sync'd for all. Maybe it's just an old fogie thing.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I just looked all the way back to Dec 2018 and could see all mine as I did a cursory scroll through.

Never noticed what you have described.

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Go to a computer and sign on to icloud.com and try searching the calendar there, it may be easier to navigate and find what you're looking for.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I just use the google calendar app now.
I've had things disappear on other I stuff and the calendar can be accessed on any of my electronic devices now.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
There's a fair to middlin' chance it's me. I found the date I needed on MyChart. It wasn't real important anyway.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
You can only go so far back on the iPhone calendar. Currently it'll go to Nov 2018 but it may be data-related. On my laptop Calendar will go to the year 1 but is [incorrectly] displaying the Gregorian calendar that far back.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Yeah, for some reason, with iOS you can only search back about a year or so in the calendar app. But on a Mac, you can go back as far as you want in a search.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
your iPhone can have multiple calenders on it, be sure you are checking the right one as well.
this often syncs with office calenders etc and you end up looking at your phones calender rather than office or visa versa

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
It doesn't search worth a darn on my iPad, but works great on my MacBook Pro?????

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
iPad = IOS. MacBook Pro = Catalina OS. Very different.

Apple is dealing with two different operating systems, that they created. They do interact well, but they are not the same. So, what you see is not what you get.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
There's a fair to middlin' chance it's me. I found the date I needed on MyChart. It wasn't real important anyway.

Glad that you found it. MyChart is a wonderfully useful app.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
Calendars roll off to save space.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post