SIGforum
iPhone calendar

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6650040574

September 28, 2020, 01:05 PM
Krazeehorse
iPhone calendar
Has anyone else ever gone back through their calendar to find a date (in the past) where you had an appointment but you can't find it? I've gone the settings and my calendar is sync'd for all. Maybe it's just an old fogie thing.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
September 28, 2020, 01:13 PM
BigWhup
I just looked all the way back to Dec 2018 and could see all mine as I did a cursory scroll through.

Never noticed what you have described.
September 28, 2020, 01:47 PM
BamaJeepster
Go to a computer and sign on to icloud.com and try searching the calendar there, it may be easier to navigate and find what you're looking for.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
September 28, 2020, 01:48 PM
220-9er
I just use the google calendar app now.
I've had things disappear on other I stuff and the calendar can be accessed on any of my electronic devices now.

September 28, 2020, 01:50 PM
Krazeehorse
There's a fair to middlin' chance it's me. I found the date I needed on MyChart. It wasn't real important anyway.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
September 28, 2020, 01:56 PM
Woodman
You can only go so far back on the iPhone calendar. Currently it'll go to Nov 2018 but it may be data-related. On my laptop Calendar will go to the year 1 but is [incorrectly] displaying the Gregorian calendar that far back.
September 28, 2020, 03:35 PM
Belgian Blue
Yeah, for some reason, with iOS you can only search back about a year or so in the calendar app. But on a Mac, you can go back as far as you want in a search.
September 28, 2020, 03:49 PM
Timdogg6
your iPhone can have multiple calenders on it, be sure you are checking the right one as well.
this often syncs with office calenders etc and you end up looking at your phones calender rather than office or visa versa

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz
September 28, 2020, 04:32 PM
mcrimm
It doesn't search worth a darn on my iPad, but works great on my MacBook Pro?????

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
September 28, 2020, 07:10 PM
4MUL8R
iPad = IOS. MacBook Pro = Catalina OS. Very different.

Apple is dealing with two different operating systems, that they created. They do interact well, but they are not the same. So, what you see is not what you get.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
September 28, 2020, 07:39 PM
Pipe Smoker
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
There's a fair to middlin' chance it's me. I found the date I needed on MyChart. It wasn't real important anyway.

Glad that you found it. MyChart is a wonderfully useful app.

Serious about crackers
September 28, 2020, 07:48 PM
PowerBook
Calendars roll off to save space.