SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about color and racism
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about color and racism Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It is quite simple, I don't know why you guys all insist on complicating it. Confused

Just say whatever you feel is correct...and if it's not, a SJW will be along shortly to correct you. See, simple. Roll Eyes

Oh, and no Bacon Suits you anti-semites! Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:

I stared right at him and said very quietly, "Marson, Riley, and McKegney are all Canadian-born. So is P.K. Subban. If you're going to play the race card, have your facts straight."

Canuks, eh?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
"African-Canuck"?

Bruc

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
A male in an adjoining booth turned around and almost yelled, "It's 'African-American,' not 'Black.'"

I stared right at him and said very quietly, "Marson, Riley, and McKegney are all Canadian-born. So is P.K. Subban. If you're going to play the race card, have your facts straight."

I still can't believe I said that to him, but being basically called a racist infuriated me and I wasn't going to take it.

I hope he felt like a Dick.
Thanks for standing up for yourself!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
African-American is geography, NOT a race.

There are blond haired white people from Africa who now live here - like Ernie Ells for one.
They are just as much or MORE "African-American" as any person with negroid features who has never even seen Africa let alone live there.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
You should see the looks I get when I correct someone who calls me african-american. "No, I'm just black. I wasn't born in africa." Especially if it's a chip on the shoulder, magic negro loving, Trump hating, black male or female.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I dated for a short period, a black woman from France. I never asked, but I wonder what she thought when people called her African American? She was neither from America or Africa.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Look at it this way:

"I hate White people because they're all racist!"

Just think about that, because the Blacks who complain the most about racism will say that at every opportunity.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:

There are blond haired white people from Africa who now live here - like Ernie Ells for one.
They are just as much or MORE "African-American" as any person with negroid features who has never even seen Africa let alone live there.

IIRC a few years ago there were "immigrants" in Paris from North Africa who got routy, started rioting. The Paris news referred to the immigrants as "African-American" although none had any connections to America.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
So if you mention that someone is a human are you a speciesist?

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
So if you mention that someone is a human are you a speciesist?

No but if you call a person an Orange, then you are being a speciesist.

I love when a thread comes full circle.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:

Unless he became a U.S. citizen he's still just African. Otherwise he'd be African-American.

I tend to share the sentiments of the antagonist in Spike Lee's School Daze. I wasn't born in Africa. I'm an American.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
First 'colored' is racist, now 'black'... Roll Eyes

That's pretty much how I feel.

I'm to the point of starting out conversations with them by asking, "What do you people like to be called these days?".

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The trouble for me is the resentment that is growing based on myth, distortion and lies has created an environment of intolerance and aggression. There is an ever changing standard of compliance that if not obeyed, the consequences are hyper destructive. This makes me not even want to try. I instead segregate myself. This is both racial and political. It has become so severe online in perceived anonymity that were some of those things said in person, would elicit a violent reaction. We see this division polluting nearly every aspect of society now. Political and racial resentment is destroying us all. If we don't learn to differ without resentment, this society will not end well.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The problem is you either want to look at everyone the same (in regards to color) or you don't.
Make up your mind. Confused

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, I seem to remember certain Viking reports of African peoples being described as purple.

I have no further comment.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am of mostly German ancestry. I have gotten to the point of answering stupid SJW types as such: "I'm German. We hate you all equally."
People usually leave me alone after that.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Can't say that I agree with Chris Rock on many things, but there is the following:

*Exceedingly NSFW*

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post