SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about color and racism
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about color and racism Login/Join 
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted
How come if you mention a person is black it can be construed as racist. But I still see the loonies on Fakebook and other libtard sites talking about our President as being orange in a derogatory way. Is one color good and one bad? Is one socially acceptable and the other not? What a bunch of hypocritical assholes.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...hypocritical assholes.

Not much to say, but that.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Orange lives don’t matter. Capishe?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
quote:
...hypocritical assholes.

Not much to say, but that.

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I don't think saying a person is Black is necessarily considered racist. It has to do with how it's used. If For example if you say "He's Black so he must have done the crime" That's racist. If you say "Chris Rock is Black and he won a BET award" that's not racist.

At least that's the way I take it. But of course I'm a white boy and can't even play that funky music so what do I know.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Why is the "N" word racist, but "cracker" is not?

Too often these days racism is a one way street, a double standard, the primary purpose of which is to demean America and justify preferential treatment.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First 'colored' is racist, now 'black'... Roll Eyes

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It's not about what is said but who says it.

No matter what a Republican says, it's racist.

No matter what a Democrat says, it's not racist.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
The ones that really fire me up are the "not my President" crybabies. Never once in the eight years that Barry was the President did I ever make that statement. I may have said that I did not like him, did not agree with him, he was not the one I voted for, etc. But I did give him respect as the elected President.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
The ones that really fire me up are the "not my President" crybabies. Never once in the eight years that Barry was the President did I ever make that statement. I may have said that I did not like him, did not agree with him, he was not the one I voted for, etc. But I did give him respect as the elected President.

Well, we may have respected the office but not the person. Honestly, I had no respect for him as person. He's self indulgent, impetuous, deceitful, corrupt, un-American and detrimental to God, Country, Family.

So, I respected the office but I certainly had no respect for him. But he was our president.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
I'm a nine generation Florida cracker, complete with lots of sun cancer from being a blue collar roofer what does that make me?

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
When I worked as a teacher recently in a Flint, Michigan school for “at risk” students, black students addressed other black students as N***r. Several of the young ladies would even hug me and address me “my N^****r. I guess words mean to inflect injury must be evaluated in context.

When my parents came to the USA after WW2, the neighbors called us “refugees” to insult us. Students at my elementary school called me a WOP and half-n****r even though I was neither.

Being called My N***r by my students actually was
Ok with me because I had been accepted as one of them, as opposed to the white guy trying to teach them white things.

The world of racial tensions and relations is played on an unlevel field by players of varied skills and with varied intended results. If the participants are completely in harmony with each other, their objectives may be commendable. However either side can easily twist the intent and outcome with just a little manipulation. The race baiters seem to be experts at laying traps.

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
I'm a nine generation Florida cracker, complete with lots of sun cancer from being a blue collar roofer what does that make me?

Deplorable?

Welcome to the club. Wink

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
^^^^this^^^^

posted Hide Post
All my roots go back to Kentucky. In the area I grew up, Kentuckians were referred to as "briars".
There is even a Patrick Swayze / Liam Neeson movie that refers to this. Bad movie, but an actual briar movie.
Being called a briar did not bother me a bit. I guess it would be the same situation for blacks to use the N word.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
First 'colored' is racist, now 'black'... Roll Eyes

That's pretty much how I feel.

I'm to the point of starting out conversations with them by asking, "What do you people like to be called these days?", but that probably wouldn't go over well either. Big Grin

I'll just stick with black.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gustofer,

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

American

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've got news for you EVERYONE is a racist.
Birds of a feather and all that.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
It is true that everyone is a racist. But it is not always a prelude to hatred. When I lived in Europe it was common to say “go down to the Arabs and get some bread and cheese; go to the Italian and get olives; go to the Black and get some vegetables, go to the black baker”. Is it derogatory to be a black baker? No, it just distinguished him from the white baker. No one took this personally. It was easier to say the black, rather than the Ethiopian. Not racist, just easier to identify. No problems with anyone, no hard feelings. Life was easier. 20 years later; who knows if PC has reared its ugly head.

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Somebody got mad at me in June at a restaurant when a fellow hockey fan and I were discussing the playoffs and, in particular, how well Nashville's P.K. Subban was playing.

We started talking about the strides Black players have made since Mike Marson, Bill Riley, and Tony McKegney all got into the NHL in the late '70s (up until that time, Willie O'Ree of the Bruins had been the only one in NHL history).

A male in an adjoining booth turned around and almost yelled, "It's 'African-American,' not 'Black.'"

I stared right at him and said very quietly, "Marson, Riley, and McKegney are all Canadian-born. So is P.K. Subban. If you're going to play the race card, have your facts straight."

I still can't believe I said that to him, but being basically called a racist infuriated me and I wasn't going to take it.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post