SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Memphis Chamber of Commerce CEO murdered
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memphis Chamber of Commerce CEO murdered Login/Join 
posted
I usually don't get rattled by the violence here since it is mostly gangbangers fighting.

https://www.commercialappeal.c...-memphis/1451364002/

This one rattles me. I knew this guy professionally and this happened where I am often with my family grabbing a bite to eat.

This solidifies the decision we just made to sell and move out of this county. Longer commute for me but my family doesn't have to come back into this war zone on a daily basis.

Our house sold quick, we are just a few days away from closing on the new one. Can't come quick enough.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Not from TN, but I've wondered if the Mogadishu on the Mississippi deal isn't a little overdone. Maybe not so much?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP - he seems like he really tried to make a difference

he will be missed I am sure

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How sad.

I'm wondering what the motivation was behind the shooting.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
It seems to be giving that shithole Detroit a run for it's money.

Democrats run it, so there's that.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
How sad.

I'm wondering what the motivation was behind the shooting.

Most likely robbery. There was a charity run put on by the chamber yesterday evening. He was shot between where that ended an where he lived just down the street. If you have ever been to Memphis and have heard of or eaten at Gus's Fried Chicken downtown it was a block or so from there about 4 blocks from where I am sitting right now.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
It seems to be giving that shithole Detroit a run for it's money.

Democrats run it, so there's that.

RMD

And they've run it for decades. What an amazing coincidence.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was shot on South Front Street. Not quite a shit hole.... but you can see it from there.

One does not go downtown with out..... a weapon, a MG crew, and an AC-130 overhead.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I generally avoid that area when it's dark, but during daylight hours or when there is an event, the area is relatively safe IME. Relatively being a broad statement meaning take a little friend, have it handy, and be aware.

This one is a terrible shame, he worked hard to improve the city.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
My son and daughter had an 'incident' there and a a friend of mine had another. Both serious. In neither case were the local constabulary the least bit helpful or interested.

Won't even VISIT without carrying TWO guns backed up by my wife with hers.

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I generally avoid that area when it's dark, but during daylight hours or when there is an event, the area is relatively safe IME. Relatively being a broad statement meaning take a little friend, have it handy, and be aware.

I realize that you may need a pistol anywhere at any time, shit can happen anywhere.

But anywhere I'm told to bring it and have it handy, is just someplace i don't need to.go

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

I realize that you may need a pistol anywhere at any time, shit can happen anywhere.

But anywhere I'm told to bring it and have it handy, is just someplace i don't need to.go

You're a wise man.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Didn't Mr. Miyagi say best way not get hit is not be there? Big Grin

Posts: 13050 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Memphis has been a sh*t-hole for decades.
IMHO, there is absolutely NO reason for anyone to go there for any reason.
ThE best view of Memphis is seeing it in your rear-view mirror.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 arrested. Randomly looking for someone to rob was the motive.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/...murder-phil-trenary/

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
3 arrested. Randomly looking for someone to rob was the motive.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/...murder-phil-trenary/

The one on the left looks like he received some hickory shampoo...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

The one on the left looks like he received some hickory shampoo...

Wish it were so, but police spotted a stolen truck matching description and took chase. They wrecked out hurting some other people badly and the impact tore the cab completely off the truck, a newer F150. The murderers got banged up in the crash.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/...rge-police-presence/

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Quandarious

Roll Eyes

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Quandarious

Roll Eyes

Indeed.

NOBODY could have predicted this end for Quandarius. Nobody, I tell you.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I am so glad they got these shitbags.

I hope they fry 'em on high.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post