SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shoes that can be submerged during easy hikes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shoes that can be submerged during easy hikes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Keen Newport H2's. I've put many miles of hiking on them in the woods and along the shoreline of Lake Superior. They are great for wear in the lake as well. I've probably worn out 8 or 10 pair in the past 16 years since I first discovered them.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oboz firebrand II socks kane11 sierra

Posts: 9 | Location: NWA | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Keen Newports are the best option I have found. Available in tons of colors and various materials.

+1.

I live in these when I’m in Costa Rica. Exactly what you’re looking for.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. The various Merrell and the Oboz options have the right look and I think the right concept: in and out of water, ok for them to flood and drain.

I picked up a generic set of sandals like the Newport’s today and wore them on the boat ramp, but I don’t know that they are right for walking a mile or 2 in on the way to the destination.

Will the Merrell or Oboz be ok for that too?

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you need here. Love these for long walks and hiking. Really good sale on these right now.

https://www.danner.com/men/hun...tree-xtra-green.html

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
Thanks all. The various Merrell and the Oboz options have the right look and I think the right concept: in and out of water, ok for them to flood and drain.

I picked up a generic set of sandals like the Newport’s today and wore them on the boat ramp, but I don’t know that they are right for walking a mile or 2 in on the way to the destination.

Will the Merrell or Oboz be ok for that too?

Oboz Sawtooth Waterproof are great for my feet and I love mine but the Firebrand did not fit me AT ALL. Neither would be my choice for what you describe. Keen Newport H2 are what you want. Great toe box! Mine have always been leather but my family has the canvas models. If you’re not sure buy some from Zappos and try them out around the house. Free 2 day shipping and free returns. Easy win-win.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Speedcross 5 GTX (gore tex). No experience with this model, but I do wear XA PRO 3Ds daily.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Keen Newport H2, I live in these 10 months of the year. You could wear socks with them, I have in colder months. I wear Smartwool Light Hikers and they worked well.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post