SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who makes good, durable blue jeans?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes good, durable blue jeans? Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do these run true to size or small?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Navy's jeans are pretty damn durable and cheap.....I have had the same pairs for years and years that I use for work when it's cold out and you can't kill them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 610:
Wrangler 13MWZ's are all I've worn for years. I can buy 'em at my local farm store for just over $20 a pair any day of the week. Have yet to wear a pair out. I'm sure other places carries 'em but never checked their prices.

That's all I've worn for about the last 30 years

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Any one wear Diamond Gusset Jeans???
I am blessed with pretty big thighs Roll Eyes and a gusset is quite helpful.
Duluth as I mentioned earlier are just OK.

I bought a pair of Diamond Gussets a few years ago. They were pretty stiff and took several washings to start to relax, but after that I loved them. I forget what finally failed on them, maybe the zipper, maybe the stitching at one of the stress points, but I had to ditch them after about 2 1/2 years. I paid like $55 for them back then, I think they're up around $65 or $70 now so I haven't bought any more. Doesn't make a lot of sense when I can get half a dozen pairs of Wranglers for the same money. The Wranglers don't fit quite as nice, but damn.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen any good deals on jeans today? I've seen the Walmart black friday $10 jeans sale.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Wrangler Riggers with the leather tab where you clip your tape measure (or knife). Tough stuff. May need to go up a waist size though.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Carhartt's

I purchased three pairs in March 2015. They were a bit long and I had them hemmed properly.

I rotate through these jeans and will wear one pair for a week or more. They are still pretty much perfect and I don't expect to replace them for at least three or four years, maybe longer.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its pretty amazing that thse rough and ready farmers , here in the corn belt , can't be bothered with "breaking in " new denim jeans.

Bonnie has four fella's that bring her their 6,8, and ten y.o jeans to mend.

worn out pockets, knees and broke zippers.

paying between $9.00 and $18.00 to get'em fixed time and time again
Roll Eyes

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54611 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
The best pair of work jeans are made by Duluth. I never have worn out a pair. The fire hose material is the toughest. Usually you can catch them on sale.

Yup. A little spendy, but awesome pants. Seasonal sales upon us shortly.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7506 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought 2 pairs of Duluth jeans off the website 30% off if you spend $100+ with free shipping.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I wore Costco jeans for years, until they started getting them from China. The new ones are thinner, don't fit as well, and don't hold up for s**t. Since them I've been buying Wranglers for about $18 at Bimart. Tried the Rustlers, a little cheaper (About the same price as Costco IIRC) but I didn't care for the fit.

Me too, except I never even bought a pair of the PRC made ones. Didn't even want to try them.

I've since switched to Vertx pants - get them on sale an they are quite the deal. Comfortable and durable for me. I like the Phantom LT at the moment. It's like going commando. Smile

I may try a pair of Duluth if I want another pair of jeans. Or Carhatt if made in US (I find I don't care for their non-US made stuff).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I can’t find any that fit my thighs. Everything is made for pajama boy skinny beta males now. Mad

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I like Carhartt's I buy them from Rural King. They have a store close to my home. I used to wear Levies however they have not held up the way they used to when I was younger.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carhartt but now that the Gander Mountain has closed down by me, I have a few Dickies from Walmart that are doing good so far.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post