SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who makes good, durable blue jeans?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes good, durable blue jeans? Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
For the best bang for your buck just go to Walmart. Seriously.

Rustler. $10 - $12 Bucks. Cheap and Very Tough.

I broke the last pair of Rustlers I bought in less than three weeks. Frown

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Bet if you had the receipt walmart would refund your $.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
I like Carhartt's and usually buy online from Sierra Trading Post. They sell 2nds and overstocks at reduced prices. 2nds I've bought are hard to tell from first quality.

Another satisfied customer.
Shop the sales and you'll get them for much less than store prices.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another for Duluth. I'm a big guy so I prefer the looser fit of the carpenter jeans plus I believe a man can never have too many pockets so that's another win. I've had the six pair I own now for about two years. I've never had jeans last this long so in mu opinion they're worth the premium.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 610:
Wrangler 13MWZ's are all I've worn for years...Have yet to wear a pair out.

Wait!

What?!?

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pull up Duluth Trading. My favs are the cargo pants. Run from 64.50 to $75. Get on their web site and they will notify you of specials/sales when they come up. Excellent quality clothes and gear.

Yeah. Expensive and hose you on shipping, but hell quality stuff is expensive. Thank god I dont have to wear a suit and tie to work anymore. As the Irish say, I have a 'COLLAR AND TIE JOB", but wear cargo pants. I run my own business and set the dress code for myself.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
Rural king brand from the rural king farm store for $9.99 to 12.99
Last better than wranglers from walley world

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Any one wear Diamond Gusset Jeans???
I am blessed with pretty big thighs Roll Eyes and a gusset is quite helpful.
Duluth as I mentioned earlier are just OK.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Tractor Supply sells any jeans that are durable?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I get the wranglers comfort stretch at Walmart and they are comfortable and cheap. Not sure how you guys are tearing up jeans so fast....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with LL Bean Classic Fit Jeans.They also carry a Standard Jeans model.

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've had good luck with LL Bean Classic Fit Jeans.They also carry a Standard Jeans model.

I noticed that some jeans have more belt loops than others. That matters when you are carrying a big gun on your hip. Do you know how many loops these have? I could not find the answer.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Any of the stonewashed or acidwashed, presoftened jeans don't hold up as well as the old fashioned ones. Wrangler 13MWZ Cowboy Cut jeans are about the hardest wearing jeans I know of. They about wear the hide on my hind legs out trying to break them in. They also aren't cut for a middle aged french fry lover.

LOL

YUP. pretty true. Wearing some right now to break them in. Love having a pair of jeans you have to break in!

Also, it doesn’t suck that they are $19.99 at Cavenders.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I wear Duluth fire hose pants 7 months out of the year. They wear well, gusseted crotch for ball room and they are comfortable.

The most comfortable and longest wearing jeans ever , were the original Arborwear Tree climbers. They wore like iron. Then like all things...They started producing them in China. So quality went down hill, yet prices remained the same.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I am blessed with pretty big thighs Roll Eyes and a gusset is quite helpful.

...and made in the good ol’ USA.

There’s a store at Lynchburg. Nice jeans.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:

I broke the last pair of Rustlers I bought in less than three weeks. Frown

Not normal, but you can break anything, they are just cloth and thread. How? If defective, take them back.
Would you rather break a $60 - $70 pair?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I actually worn a hole through my Duluth firehose pants. The bottom also tends to get frayed.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
If I told you what I recommend you guys would strip me of my man card Big Grin.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I am blessed with pretty big thighs and a gusset is quite helpful.

...and made in the good ol’ USA.

There’s a store at Lynchburg. Nice jeans.

Yes - I like these too - have good luck with them & have one pair of the flannel lined jeans & they are toasty warm in the winter.

Steve

Posts: 14 | Registered: March 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post