SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who makes good, durable blue jeans?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes good, durable blue jeans? Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted
Who makes durable work jeans? I remember when blue jeans would last until I got tired of them. Costco and Sam's Club used to sell good work jeans, but now the belt loops tear out easily.

I'm open to spending more, but I need something capable to standing up to hard work.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Any of the stonewashed or acidwashed, presoftened jeans don't hold up as well as the old fashioned ones. Wrangler 13MWZ Cowboy Cut jeans are about the hardest wearing jeans I know of. They about wear the hide on my hind legs out trying to break them in. They also aren't cut for a middle aged french fry lover.

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I like Carhartt's and usually buy online from Sierra Trading Post. They sell 2nds and overstocks at reduced prices. 2nds I've bought are hard to tell from first quality.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best pair of work jeans are made by Duluth. I never have worn out a pair. The fire hose material is the toughest. Usually you can catch them on sale.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Duluth Trading, for sure.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
Duluth Trading makes good stuff, they're not cheap but its well made stuff.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I've been buying cheap ass Magellan from academy and have been wearing some over 2 years. Pretty good for 20 bucks.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
FYI, I don't know about the other Duluth Trading fans here, but their pants fit way too tight for me. I take a 36 in any other maker, but I can't button their 36s. Just a heads up if buy from them.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Usually you can catch them on sale.

How often do they go on sale? What is considered a good sale price?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wrangler 13MWZ's are all I've worn for years. I can buy 'em at my local farm store for just over $20 a pair any day of the week. Have yet to wear a pair out. I'm sure other places carries 'em but never checked their prices.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't wear jeans often, but the 13MWZs from Wrangler are long lasting.

Duluth has a great reputation, but I don't own any.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing Dickies carpenter pants for several years now.

Very good wear for the price, comfortable fit for an old fart.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pull up Duluth Trading. My favs are the cargo pants. Run from 64.50 to $75. Get on their web site and they will notify you of specials/sales when they come up. Excellent quality clothes and gear.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have Duluths lightweight jeans and they hold up fairly well. I can't wear their full weight jeans as they are way too hot.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing but Lee jeans for the last 15 years. They hold up well and only $25 at local farm store

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
For the best bang for your buck just go to Walmart. Seriously.

Rustler. $10 - $12 Bucks. Cheap and Very Tough. Don't fit ME quite as comfortable as their Wranglers.
Wrangler. $15 - $20 bucks. Cheap and Tough. Just about as tough as the Rustlers but are more comfortable fit ME better me.

I also have some Duluth Firehose Stretch... Comfortable but too expensive for real work conditions. I save them for loafing.

Count the belt loops! I now refuse to buy jeans with only five... The Walmart Wranglers have 7. Makes a difference.

Watch for sales. I would never buy a $60+ pant to work in when you can get 3 or 4 for good ones for that. Don't buy pre faded or distressed...

I'm referencing for actual physical work conditions... Construction etc.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I bought a pair of Rustlers at Walmart for 9.99. Made by Wrangler. The zipper is kinda cheap and thin, but it hasn’t given out yet. For $10, they’re a good work pant.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I wore Costco jeans for years, until they started getting them from China. The new ones are thinner, don't fit as well, and don't hold up for s**t. Since them I've been buying Wranglers for about $18 at Bimart. Tried the Rustlers, a little cheaper (About the same price as Costco IIRC) but I didn't care for the fit.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made in the USA, pricey but will out last 4 Chinamart jeans.

http://www.kitanica.net/KITANICA-JEANS-p/050.htm

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I personally like the Duluth stuff. I have some of the firehouse cargos and also a couple of the jeans. The standard weight jeans are heavy and I don’t see wearing them out. I prefer the middle weight though as they are still durable but lighter.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post