SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lets talk about good thing going on
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lets talk about good thing going on Login/Join 
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
-A great job (for me) that I started last June. Of all times to start a new job.
-In the last month, I have twice had the privelege of sitting right-seat in an aircraft I will most likely never be able to afford to own, and learn a lot about flying it, its systems, glass panel, etc. while flying @ 7,000ft over beautiful (even in winter) West Virginia.
Life is good.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I really like my job and business is good.

Big Grin

Stay safe friend.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Getting to witness God's art (see photo below), having a healthy wife and sons; Oldest son is on his own and doing good; bank accounts with a positive balance even after having to replace a heat pump and do other maintenance to cars and home.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I am a little over a year free from smoking. Smile

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
8 weeks from today I will be retired.

Looking forward to it. I carried papers starting at age 12. Worked part time from age 16. Went full time at age 18, college in the evenings. I turn 66 in mid-March. I am SO ready.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
1. I have so far outwitted COVID.
2. My blood glucose level has been very good for the last 2 weeks, following a period of higher readings (not horrible, but disquieting).
3. My Christmas lights have been removed and stored (a lot of work, assisted by my Handyman).
4. I have gone through the process to renew my Driver's License (not a lock, given my age).
5. My cats appear to be healthy.
6. My new 40" TV is wonderful!

The country is in grave trouble, but I'm OK.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am almost finished with clearing a view of the creek in our back yard. Lots of brush and several dead trees were burned in the process. My son got a new job with a substantial pay increase. My oldest Granddaughter made the deans list and the Family is all COVID free.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Got an email from Kirkpatrick Leather that my new shoulder holster finally shipped!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, my new puppy is doing great, she is learning well and today she went to the Vet and got her second round of vaccinations and checkup, the Vet said Ahyoka was in perfect health.

Ahyoka made me a proud papa when she showed the Dr. that she could set, down, clockwise, counterclockwise, boop (hand target), shake, high five.

The Dr. was impressed! Said it was the best thing she had seen all day!

With that, Tuesday I'm going back to work full time, at least for awhile. So, hopefully things will be more normal.

So, that my good things.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a bullet maker that ships to me Ansley is a good price!

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Having a baby during the middle of pandemic lockdowns was actually pretty optimal.

Our DIL had been trying to get pregnant but due, in part, to her high stress job in the military had not been able to then Covid broke out and she was told to stay home and but couldn’t work due to her works security. She became noticeably more relaxed and shortly thereafter became pregnant. In December we welcomed our first grandchild into the world and could not be more grateful...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Wanted a new P226 so I sold a bunch of stuff I wasn't using and then gave a lot of other things away.

Made enough to get the P226 and had some left over for a Colt 1911.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Found out today, I won't need surgery to repair a left shoulder dislocated in a car wreck 12-21-20.

That's the good news. Bad news is if the hospital I had been sent to after the wreck had done their deligence , and operated a month ago, I might be using my arm today.

Doctor told me today, a 50/50 chance on fully regaining full use of injured arm.

C'est La Vie.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I had a busybody call the city on me over my 40'x20' Amish built pavillion/carport. I'd done things by the book including a building permit and the code enforcement officer told her that.

Like Hobbs, I'm getting a new set of teeth implanted on titanium posts. The pain is over, now just waiting for the 4 month bonding period to end. April 9th is eta. Smile

pavillion/carport

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Found out today, I won't need surgery to repair a left shoulder dislocated in a car wreck 12-21-20.

That's the good news. Bad news is if the hospital I had been sent to after the wreck had done their deligence , and operated a month ago, I might be using my arm today.

Doctor told me today, a 50/50 chance on fully regaining full use of injured arm.

C'est La Vie.

A very good Physical therapist with experience in rotator cuff therapy following surgery might be able to help you.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a new grandson (6 mths old), survived major lung cancer surgery little over 2 mths ago. Ready to start looking for something part time maybe in a guns shop or firearms related. Been early retired for awhile but this Covid thing has me itching to get out and about and doing something. Family is well and God blesses us ever day.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It goes without saying that a generous local fellow amateur astronomer with skills I don't have has stepped up to repair my wind damaged vintage Newtonian telescope gratis as described here:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4770086874

And, knock on wood, my Mayo Clinic test results continue to show that the oral chemo I'm on is controlling my cancer. Smile

Oldest son, who is a bit of a mess with service related injuries and is on VA disability, reported today that he has finished his Covid19 quarantine and had suffered only modest symptoms.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
Found out my wife is 6 weeks pregnant with our first child......fingers crossed and praying for a healthy happy baby.

I’ve got a big plate to pray over, and I’m most grateful, but...I don’t think anything I read tops this post. Heartfelt congratulations to you and your wife, and best wishes for a wonderful pregnancy for her and a healthy baby. My wife continues to say that she loved being pregnant. For me, being a dad is the best job in the whole world.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My little babygirl is 6 months old in another 2 weeks and is already starting to look like a Mini Me of my wife Big Grin

I suspect I’ll be doing A LOT of shotgun cleaning in 16–18 years when boys come to pick her up.

CHAK CHAK!

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I found ammo safe for use in my 1890 GEW 88.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post