SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lets talk about good thing going on
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lets talk about good thing going on Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Doc called yesterday to let me know a slot opened up for my vasectomy in 2 weeks!

Congrats? Big Grin

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Healthy, happily married for 46 years, retired, financially secure and living the dream. Both kids hold very good jobs and are well educated. 5 great little grandkids - all healthy.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Working from home has been like training wheels for retirement. I really like it and all my medical stats are much better. I think I will pull the plug this year.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Getting all new teeth. Snap in dentures upper and lower. Will have a perfect bite and teeth so white they can't dance.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My business is going full tilt, wife is still working so all is not lost! Plumbing & Heating is starting to kick my ass after 51 years though.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a 20 dollar a month boost in SS benefits.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After being out of work for almost 9 month, I have got two calls of interest and one affirmative job offer.

It always feast or famine.

The two calls are to see if I am interested in going to work in the Middle East. Which is always a yes for me.

The actual job offer is for an Investigator position at a Medical Examiners Office in the midwest where I was born and raised.

Now if I can get some therapy started for this shoulder so I can pass the Army PT test things would be great. (That's if they ever have one again)

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Well there was a nice sunset today...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Dentist appt last Thursday all was good, Doctors appt the next day again all was good to include lab work. Wife and I decided to by a new truck last Saturday.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
* b u f f e r i n g *

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I got a 20 dollar a month boost in SS benefits.

I get 24 dollars more a month now. Both of us are in reasonably good health.

The metal for my 82 Harley is at the painter's, told him no rush but hope to have it all back by April. Need to get two tires and some odds and ends for it. Maybe get started on the stalled hot rod project in the spring too.

Since I retired I work part time, while it's nice the money is not the reason. I work in a Harley dealership, same thing I did part time since 1999 while working in car dealerships full time. I love what I do, have a supervisor that appreciates what I do and work with a great group of people.

Two daughters, one son in law, two grandchildren. One dog, two cats and one kitten. All to be thankful for.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I changed out the hydraulic oil in my tractor yesterday and only smashed one finger.

That like, never happens.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
At the end of the month I'm going back to full time, probably with a bunch of OT while we find and train new guards who can work the site I'm at. Been at 32 hour weeks since all this bullshit began. Once it all settles down, I should have weekends off again, so my girlfriend and I can actually see each other, and do stuff, go places, even if it's just a lazy drive to nowhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Thankful to God that I still have a job; I switched jobs a couple of years ago and if I hadn't made the huge effort in 2018 to find a different job, I'd probably be laid off and starting my 9th month of unemployment.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Employment for another year.
So, I'm staying somewhat longer.

House build starts next month.
It will be in Point Cook Victoria, Aus.

Life is indeed, good.

Re-assess in May and December.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Found out my wife is 6 weeks pregnant with our first child......fingers crossed and praying for a healthy happy baby.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
I got a new motorcycle after a 17 year "time out". It's more fun than I remember, and traffic is a lot scarier than I remember.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are healthy.

I bought and assembled a Suncast storage shed from Costco. All the parts were included and accurate. (That is a big win). It went together rather easily and looks great. It also took a bunch if stuff out of the garage, so the garage is organized nicely.

Work is going well. Business isn’t what it was pre-COVID, but it is doing well enough that everyone is still employed.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I survived the "Bug" back in the fall. The rest of our family (so far) has avoided it. We had a great holiday with 'em..even though we had to wait a couple of days (my daughter had work
Christmas day). Business is hanging on. We'll see if it picks up.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
My son got accepted to the college he wanted, to the engineering program he wanted, along with a pretty generous academic scholarship. I’m very thankful for that, a little bit prideful, but mostly thankful.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post