SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lets talk about good thing going on
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lets talk about good thing going on Login/Join 
posted
What are some good things going on with you?

I recently discovered that the military hadn't been paying me $150/ month for hardship duty pay and as such will be getting about $2700 in back pay.

I also just won a Henry big boy .44 in my state fire association Christmas raffle.

What about you? What good things are going on?

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I just got my new mountain bike back from the shop. Time to go break it in. Big Grin Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gainfully employed with good job security, positive balances on financial accounts, retirement accounts showing the fruits of the market, not sick, wife’s M-spike level dropped, toddler son enjoying Hot Wheels...oh, and every day truly feel the love of our Lord despite my failures pissing Him off.

Oh, and enough 9mm and .233 to still go to the range

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have our health and jobs...

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My wife is smokin' hot, works her ass off and doesn't need me for anything. Well, except to get her items from the top shelf, she's 5'3" Big Grin

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm alive and well. My shitty county just shut down school again for 3 weeks. Great news is I'm sending my wife and kids back to Taiwan where they can attend school regularly instead of having another year of remote bullshit.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
My wife is smokin' hot, works her ass off and doesn't need me for anything. Well, except to get her items from the top shelf, she's 5'3" Big Grin

Sounds like my wife except she is 5'9" and gets stuff for me off of the top shelf.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I really like my job and business is good.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I survived a car wreck before Christmas, that the investigating State Trooper told my wife he had never seen anyone survive a wreck similar in his 35 years of service.

And my family is healthy.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’ll be off night shift one way or another by mid May.

My 13 year old son has asked to move in with us. This introduces some challenges that can hopefully be resolved outside the courts, but was a wonderful surprise.

I’ve got a freezer full of beef.

Just finished a promotion process. Waiting on rankings. If I get it, it’s a significant pay cut with the loss of OT. If I don’t, I’ll go to a better position at my current rank. Win-win either way.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds like my wife except...

...my wife thinks I'm "top shelf"....<kaff^kaff>

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Got paid out for a bunch of comp time at work, and have a week off coming up. Family is healthy, none of us have had the 'vid yet that we know of, and the job keeps paying the bills. Life is good.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wrapping up my busiest time of the year selling for next year delivery. Trade show traffic was way better than we expected. Orders are up nicely as well. That will put a smile on a guys face.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had some of the most impressive hoar frost over the weekend and I spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday driving all over the countryside photographing it. The skies were gray and we don't have much snow but it was pretty awesome.

Nothing quite clears the head like getting out into nature and forgetting about people.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My blessings abound. That said to pick a trivial one I have a solid 20 yard indoor airgun range and wide range of very nice airguns so I am able to shoot whenever I like and it is wonderful.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I have a great job running a company (36 FTEs currently) that I started. Sales are doing really well and we are hiring all the time it seems. I live in a really nice area in a really nice house with two terrific dogs and a great wife whom I love and who loves me. My kids are happy and healthy: youngest doing well in college and oldest got a full-time job that she likes after graduating college this past May.

Wife and I finally (after liek 5 years of dreaming/scheming/looking) found and purchased some land in the country (at elevation, so much cooler in Summer!) and we're starting to plan for a short term weekend getaway type lodging there, with intent for long term lodging/retirement there.

God has truly blessed me and mine and I thank Him for that every day.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Having a baby during the middle of pandemic lockdowns was actually pretty optimal.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
My wife and sons are healthy and happy. My wife and I both have solid jobs that have had a few speed bumps over the past few months but things are going well.

My sons both graduated college and although both of their jobs fell through due to Covid, they are both working and making money. They both have great girlfriends and are moving along the path of life in the right direction.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I am 95% recovered from covid.. and my Dr is happy. I am signing up for Social Security to start in Feb, so I hope I have some spare money to invest.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Doc called yesterday to let me know a slot opened up for my vasectomy in 2 weeks!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post