SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Windows Media Player Auto Hide/Display Tool Help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Windows Media Player Auto Hide/Display Tool Help Login/Join 
posted
Guys I have a problem that started a couple of weeks ago and not really sure what is wrong or how to fix it. I have an HP ProDesk Slim which has multiple display ports which I am running to identical Dell 24" monitors. The right monitor is my main monitor and extended to the left monitor.

Everything was fine no issue and still not a huge issue but my Windows Media player would always on the left monitor then all of the sudden the tool bar and media controls disappeared when on full screen.The top and bottom look like it has the silhouette of the tool bar and media control bar but not there.It only happens when in full screen and only if it is being played on the left/secondary monitor. I have un-installed media player 3 times, updated my video driver still nothing. I have not changed any settings and I am the only one who uses this computer. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

This first picture is with media player on the left(secondary) monitor

This is with media player on the main monitor(right)

Posts: 2119 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Not sure really. But if I had to guess check your source? Video controls on the right monitor will "disapperar" if you move the cursor off screen.

Maybe try using VLC palyer...

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
and the controls don't reappear when you move your mouse over the video?

That's what i remember. The controls go away so that you can enjoy the video but when you move the mouse over the picture area, the controls come up again.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
and the controls don't reappear when you move your mouse over the video?

That's what i remember. The controls go away so that you can enjoy the video but when you move the mouse over the picture area, the controls come up again.

No they do not, as in the first picture it is just dark, you can see the outline of the controls but not visible at all.

They were working just fine up a couple of weeks ago and now are gone but only when media player is on the second screen.

Posts: 2119 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just checked for the option to customize the controls but don't see it on WMP. It's available on VLC, though.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Are your resolutions/refresh rates the same?

You can also right click in the body of the vid and apply control or change MP options.

Posts: 22895 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Mine does the same thing. I just right click and select full screen and the borders go away.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post