SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heads Are Going To Roll - James O'Keefe MSM Investigation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heads Are Going To Roll - James O'Keefe MSM Investigation Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
He has done good work, but I guess to get attention-- and donations-- it's always the latest whoop du jour. If you really have a bombshell, you don't need to hype it.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
So O'Keefe has released 3 videos now re the New York Times, and while interesting, they are clearly not the blockbuster stuff that he hyped - which is unfortunately his MO (overpromise and underdeliver)

I am actually getting tired of him. I don't think he really serves any useful purpose. His journalism is shallow - mostly confirming what we already suspected - and mainly targeting low-level nobodies who like to exaggerate their importance. Does anyone need to hear a "confession" from a junior staffer to know that the NYT has a liberal bias? Might make great headlines but there is very little substance behind the click-bait.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
There is something to be said about speaking softly but carrying a big stick....and occasionally whacking the absolute fuck out of someone with said stick. Here's to being optimistic and hoping he crucifies the dishonest and criminally corrupt media.

I laughed,stickman understands the stick thing, goddammit!

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
The over-hyped criticism is valid, but in fairness to O'Keefe, PV really has produced some incredibly damning evidence of lying, corruption, manipulation, and flat out evil. Trouble is, PV's targets either fall within the arc of protection of the MSM, or is the MSM itself. Only the alternative media is covering Project Veritas, unless the story is a charge against PV. The only way he can really damage the entrenched Left is by the death of a thousand cuts.

Yes.... and I'm glad he keeps plugging away.
Hype or not.... we need a guy like this on our side.

And, yes, there's plenty of dirt on Hillary if only there was a prosecutor with some balls.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Mostly all sizzle, no steak.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While not a nation-shocking blockbuster, I thought the NYT expose was really pretty good at exposing how a smarmy little well-connected twit can be immediately elevated to an "Editor" at the NYT, and is pathetic little anti-American viewpoints then become "news" at what was supposed to be a credible journalistic source.

It basically destroys any credibility of the NYT. I just hope it get wide enough viewing and circulation.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Mostly all sizzle, no steak.

Really?

The left denies any bias at all, insists the MSM is feeding us real news, not fake news.

Project Veritas refutes that. Who else is out there doing that job, and if anybody is, are they doing it better?

You can insist on "steak". I'd like some, too. But while I'm long-time waiting I'm grateful for the oatmeal. Without O'Keef's efforts we'd have NOTHING.

LINK

quote:
Senior Homepage Editor Reveals Biased Political Agenda at New York Times

[Go to the link to watch the 13-minute video]

New York Times Senior Home Page Editor, Des Shoe, Admits Company Culture of Blatant Bias at NYT is "widely understood to be liberal-leaning..."

NYT Journalists: "if we write about him [Trump], and how insanely crazy he is...maybe people will read it and be like...we shouldn't vote for him."

Calls Trump an "oblivious idiot" and Pence "f***ing horrible" Because of Religious Views

Admits New York Times Report on "what the readers want"

"They call it the Trump bump" Says Shoe, Regarding the Influx of Subscribers Since Trump's Presidency Began

Des Shoe: "The main objective is to grab subscribers. You do that any way that you can."

(NEW YORK) - Project Veritas has released a video of the New York Times Homepage Editor Des Shoe, who was caught on hidden-camera admitting that the Times has a liberal bias and attacking President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence. This is part three of their American Pravda NYT investigation.

When confronted with the notion that during the election, The Times' front page, for which she is responsible, was completely focused around Trump. She tells the undercover journalist that NYT reporters tried to influence the election with their reporting:

"I think one of the things that maybe journalists were thinking about is like...Oh, if we write about him, about how insanely crazy he is and how ludicrous his policies are, then maybe people will read it and be like, oh wow, we shouldn't vote for him."
She admits that the New York Times has a clearly defined liberal-leaning bias: "The New York Times is not...I mean, it's widely understood to be liberal-leaning. But, American newspapers are not supposed to claim a bias, they're supposed to be objective."

"So the...ahh, but the New York Times is not left?" the Project Veritas journalist asked. Shoe clarified, "I'm not saying that they're not. I'm saying it's widely, widely understood to be left-leaning."

She also tells the undercover journalist that reporting objectively is simply too difficult for the Times: "Our main stories are supposed to be objective. It's very difficult in this day and age to do that."

Shoe blames the business model for the New York Times' lack of fact-based reporting:

"This is what I was trying to say is like the last couple years it's changed for the bad...
"I think the business model itself is just... there's so much panic about what to do that, you know, what else is a company supposed to do?
"That's the conundrum...is that a business model, in this time is built on what the readers want."
The New York Times senior homepage editor goes on to explain the positive effect of Trump's victory: "Since the election, like you know...Speaking on, you know, for The New York Times, our subscriptions have sky-rocketed since...I mean, they call it the Trump bump."

This sentiment was echoed by Nick Dudich, who was featured in American Pravda Part 1 and Part 2. He explains, "I mean honestly, Trump has driven us more business than anybody else. Anytime he says failing, we add a boost of subscribers."

The New York Times responded to Part I in a statement, calling Dudich "a recent hire in a junior position." Later, Executive Editor of the NYT Dean Baquet described Dudich as "a kid...who just started his career in journalism." The same cannot be said for Ms. Shoe, a senior-level employee who has been with The Times since January of 2009.

Des Shoe claims that the New York Times has to chase clicks in the current media environment, "The Washington Post, people who have paywalls up...The main objective is to grab subscribers. You do that any way that you can."

When told the New York Times seems more like a 'click-paper', Shoe replies:

"I mean, you're not wrong. Like, I would love to be able to speak my mind completely about...If I ever leave the Times I'll go back to you guys and tell you exactly what I think. But, I mean, there's stuff like...And this is what I was trying to say is like the last couple years it's changed for the bad."
Shoe finally goes on to explain her personal biases against President Trump, "I feel like Trump is...is just a...is sort of an idiot in a lot of ways. Just an oblivious idiot."

She also attacks Vice President Mike Pence, implying that his religious beliefs make him unfit to lead:

"If you impeach him, then Pence becomes President, Mike Pence, who's f***ing horrible...I think maybe, possibly worse than Trump.
"He's extremely, extremely religious. He [Pence] at one point backed a bill that hinted at conversion therapy for gay people...Which is like electrocution, stuff like that."
"Corruption is inescapable within the mainstream media machine. From the Times editors that dictate the paper's coverage to the journalists that try to sway the public with their reporting," says Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe. "In American Pravda, truth takes a back seat to money, and objectivity takes a back seat to politics."

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Then, let him try not hawking his shit like a sleazy used car salesman. Everything on the planet is overyhyped and as a result, people don't trust what they are being promised.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
So O'Keefe has released 3 videos now re the New York Times, and while interesting, they are clearly not the blockbuster stuff that he hyped - which is unfortunately his MO (overpromise and underdeliver)

I am actually getting tired of him. I don't think he really serves any useful purpose. His journalism is shallow - mostly confirming what we already suspected - and mainly targeting low-level nobodies who like to exaggerate their importance. Does anyone need to hear a "confession" from a junior staffer to know that the NYT has a liberal bias? Might make great headlines but there is very little substance behind the click-bait.

I agree with your sentiment but respectfully disagree with your overall conclusion. Yes we do actually need hard evidence to confirm what we suspect. It might seem small and incremental, but small incremental changes are what has steered this country so far off course. Solid proof exposing intentional bias of worker level daily decision makers at a major media outlet claiming to be objective? Yes, that is valid and important although I concede not as explosive as he advertises. While I don't care for the showboating style, he's out there doing real work against the progressives and I am not.

If his reporting seems shallow, it might be that you were expecting more. The reporting itself is legitimate for what it is.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:

If his reporting seems shallow, it might be that you were expecting more. The reporting itself is legitimate for what it is.

One expects more given the explosive claims made pre release. “We’re going after their Holy Grail.” “People will be fired?”

His first work was superb, those videos of ACORN, and delvered what they promised. You don’t see ACORN around here much anymore, soaking up government grants.

It is to be expected. A great many people learned to be a lot more careful, not all, thankfully.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I agree with your sentiment but respectfully disagree with your overall conclusion. Yes we do actually need hard evidence to confirm what we suspect. It might seem small and incremental, but small incremental changes are what has steered this country so far off course. Solid proof exposing intentional bias of worker level daily decision makers at a major media outlet claiming to be objective? Yes, that is valid and important although I concede not as explosive as he advertises. While I don't care for the showboating style, he's out there doing real work against the progressives and I am not.

The proof is in black and white every day. The NYT prints the proof. The fact that O'Keefe gets some junior flunkie on tape saying "Of course we're biased" isn't near as damning as the plain-as-day biased reporting that appears in the paper every day. The bias is obvious and irrefutable. That doesn't mean the left is going to admit it and agree. You could get Dean Baquet on tape proclaiming the bias, and the left still wouldn't admit to it. They would excuse it, spin it, rationalize it away, etc.

O'Keefe's reporting adds very little to the pot. It is valid for sure, but ultimately insignificant.

Maybe I was expecting more? Why would that be? Maybe because O'Keefe keeps telling me that he has the biggest blockbuster under the sun that will make the liberal establishment tremble in fear, send people to jail and cause the great institutions of the left to crumble to the ground.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
When told the New York Times seems more like a 'click-paper', Shoe replies:

"I mean, you're not wrong. Like, I would love to be able to speak my mind completely about...If I ever leave the Times I'll go back to you guys and tell you exactly what I think.]

Any 'journalists' not telling us exactly what they think, are not journalists.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe I was expecting more? Why would that be? Maybe because O'Keefe keeps telling me that he has the biggest blockbuster under the sun that will make the liberal establishment tremble in fear, send people to jail and cause the great institutions of the left to crumble to the ground.

Valid points. As I said, I think his reporting adds to a growing mountain of evidence that the progressive left are liars and hypocrites. You think we have enough proof; I think more is always better. I'll agree that his 'boy who cried wolf" advertising routine is tiresome, but I'd rather he continue his work than not.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

One expects more given the explosive claims made pre release. “We’re going after their Holy Grail.” “People will be fired?”

His first work was superb, those videos of ACORN, and delvered what they promised. You don’t see ACORN around here much anymore, soaking up government grants.

It is to be expected. A great many people learned to be a lot more careful, not all, thankfully.

The reason we do not see ACORN any more is because the largest chapters have changed their name still doing the same work with the same ideology.
ACORN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Director of Project Veritas was on Jeff Crouere radio show in New Orleans this morning. He did not back down at all when the liberals called in. Was very entertaining

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post