SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Overstock CEO resigns and writes of involvement with Maria Butina and Hillary/Trump investigations/Deep State and Warren Buffet
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overstock CEO resigns and writes of involvement with Maria Butina and Hillary/Trump investigations/Deep State and Warren Buffet Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
I'm posting this to see if anyone can make heads or tails of the story and give a brief summary.

What is known:

CEO of overstock.com has resigned
He writes of being an informer(?) for the FBI over the years
He had a relationship with the Russian Maria Butina - the gun rights Russian who is now in prison
He was reporting on the relationship to the FBI from the time he met her
He references the investigation into Hillary and the Trump 'collusion' investigation, but I can't make heads or tails of what he's talking about
The 'rabbi' he references in his resignation letter is Warren Buffet, who confirms the relationship and conversations with him

I'm lost.

Links:
Resignation announcement:

CNBC article:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/2...ource=twitter%7Cmain

Article referenced in resignation:
https://saraacarter.com/russia...n-agent-and-the-fbi/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading the Sarah Carter article, it gives no information about what he told the FBI/DOJ concerning the Clinton and Trump/Russia investigations.

He says he realized it was a "soft coup" but that is about it. Barr, Durham, and Horowitz have whatever info he gave them....

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first thought is that Overstock doesn't likely have an overstock of tin foil.

Also kind of reminds me of the Whitacre case 1995 with ADM. Ironically Buffet was loosely linked to that one as well.

Edit to correct spelling of Whitacre.
They ended up making a movie about that one. (The Informant) Dude thought he was the character out of "The Firm". IOW, he was nucking futs.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"'I plan on sitting back and watching the United states Department of Justice re-establish Rule of Law in our Country." (SIC)

This "sit back and wait" will be a very long wait indeed, since the DOJ is the Premier example of the administrative state in big.gov and full to the brim with progressive/social justice operatives, and the just plain corrupt.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Extreme narcissism combined with some level of schizophrenia?

I'd say that boy's cheese done slipped off his cracker.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Trollin' trollin' trollin'
Keep them joints a rollin'
Don't try to understand all
Just hookers, blow and scandal
Known only by your wit
And for conspiracy on Reddit
You will sell the head edit
Or your soul....
To be a TROLL, TROLL, TROLL....

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sounds like someone that's been over served at the bar.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
Extreme narcissism combined with some level of schizophrenia?

I'd say that boy's cheese done slipped off his cracker.

Yeah, it doesn't really sound like Mr. Byrne is playing with a full deck.

Or maybe this is the end result of a weeks-long cocaine bender.

Or perhaps he's perfectly rational, and it's just his self-produced press release that is incoherent.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
It would be easy to write him off as a nut job, but my cursory look at his history does not seem to indicate that. I mean, he is a crazy libertarian, a black belt and has ridden a bike cross country 4 times, but not known for being insane Wink

quote:
Patrick Byrne is the son of John J. Byrne, former chairman of Berkshire Hathaway's GEICO insurance subsidiary and White Mountains Insurance Group. He holds a certificate from Beijing Normal University, has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Chinese studies from Dartmouth College, a master's degree from Cambridge University as a Marshall Scholar, and a Ph.D. in philosophy from Stanford University.

Byrne was a teaching fellow at Stanford University from 1989 to 1991 and was manager of Blackhawk Investment Co. and Elissar, Inc. He served as chairman, president and CEO of Centricut, LLC, a manufacturer of industrial torches, then held the same three positions at Fechheimer Brothers, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway company manufacturing police, firefighter, and military uniforms.

Byrne has a black belt in tae kwon do, and once pursued a career in professional boxing. He is a cancer survivor, and has ridden a bicycle across the country to raise awareness and money for cancer research at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Byrne has also supported implementing school vouchers and other educational reforms.Byrne was the largest donor to political causes in Utah during 2003–2006, while his father was the third-largest

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I’m watching it now on Fox news with Martha McCallum, good old Patrick was all over the place! He rambled and double talked, I couldn’t understand what the hell he was saying. It seems like there something there hopefully somebody can translate it into something more than his gibberish and get to the bottom of it.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Just listened to him in an interview on Fox. He was pretty scattered in his delivery. His credibility is assailable.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
He’s a nutcase.
Men in Black was more than just a movie.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
he is a crazy libertarian, a black belt and has ridden a bike cross country 4 times, but not known for being insane

He wasn't shot in the ass in Vietnam, become the world ping pong champion, and open a successful shrimping business did he? Wink

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://theconservativetreehou...illance/#more-168867

interview w Fox

to me, he appears to be intoxicated (JMO)

He says Peter Strzok was the person giving the instructions

he says there was an FBI operation was part of a network of political surveillance being conducted by the FBI on presidential candidates.

(that part I agree with, but his delivery of his particular story sounds shaky)

Posts: 19575 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
It would be easy to write him off as a nut job, but my cursory look at his history does not seem to indicate that. I mean, he is a crazy libertarian, a black belt and has ridden a bike cross country 4 times, but not known for being insane Wink

He came across as a bit disorganized on Fox news with Martha McCallum. I'm not sure yet if he's credible or not, but there was a lot he could not or would not go into.
If he's credible, he could be a huge help to uncovering the 'soft coup' against the United States. He came short of implicating Obama but implied that Obama knew what was going on.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
He might want to apply to Gillette, sounds like the CEO they might want to hire.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May be some psychiatric issues. Very bright people can and do have delusional beliefs. Howard Hughes comes to mind.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I watched 7 minutes of the Fox interview and he is talking in circles about a Russian girl and Hillary Clinton. I have no idea what point he is trying to make. He is high or really scatterbrained.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I think this boy's cheese has done slid off his cracker." Is this guy related in any way to John McAfee?

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was fiction at the time, 1976. Network

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post