SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A professor wants restaurants to stick fingers in salads
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A professor wants restaurants to stick fingers in salads Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I think I'd just stab the hand with my fork.

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Man, you guys get spun-up so easily. Just how do you think a salad is made?

Emailing the guy just satisfies this toad for his 15 minutes.

#bait

I’m not worried him trying to spin us up. I’m worried about the nitwits he’s trying to spin up. And besides, if you’re eating at any place where they actually have to get food handler’s licenses, which starts at gas stations and up, cold prepared foods aren’t handled with bare hands. I’m hoping my salads aren’t prepared by some shit-suck “protestor” who just wiped it’s ass with both bare hands so xe can properly “resist.”

Look, we’re getting hung up on the salad. What this guy is advocating is fucking with the food the people you disagree with politically are trying to eat. That’s heading right into the waters of “these things, you should never do.”

My point: He’s a nobody. Stop adding fuel to the fire. All this thread does is add to his infamy. I’m out.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
My point: He’s a nobody. Stop adding fuel to the fire.

Oh come on, now. I'm not fueling anything. I'm simply responding. I didn't email the guy. I'm replying on a forum.

quote:
(BTW - I worked for nearly 10 yrs in the restaurant business ... people use their (bare) hands to make and serve food. Glove are more common now, but some times people fuck w your food. It’s quite rare IME.)

About fifteen years here, and yeah, "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe." The point is, there's laws in place about how to handle food. To run a place that serves it, you at least have to pretend to comply, at the very least. That's a far leap from Juan in the back rubbing his nose before he puts your burrito together to Triggered Protestor #56819087 jamming their skankmitts into your plated meal while you're trying to dine. One's a ballpark, the other is a hockey arena on the other side of the country.

quote:
All this thread does is add to his infamy. I’m out.

I just saw this. Well, if that's how you feel about it, I respect it. I'm not looking to dogpile or anything like that. I will respectfully submit that this thread, as a hit result on web searches fueling his infamy, may just give someone who was heretofore considering undertaking his brilliant advice a bit of pause. To wit: "Stick your fingers in my food to show me your disdain for my politics, and you'll be lucky to come back with a hand you can ever hope to use the way it used to work, for starters."

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
His contact information:
https://socanth.olemiss.edu/james-thomas/

Interesting read, thanks, dusty

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Gee maybe it's spreading

http://www.sacbee.com/news/nat...rticle220149970.html

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
U.S. Senate candidate and Mississippi state Sen. Chris McDaniel called for “disciplinary action” against Mr. Thomas for the “disgusting” tweet.

“Another threat from another low-life liberal — this time it’s from an Ole Miss professor,” Mr. McDaniel said in a Facebook post, The Daily Mississippian reported

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Interesting statment from State Senator McDaniel who had someone photgraph Senator Cochran's bedridden wife in an attempt to advance his political campaign. He himself is a low life in his own special way.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen a lot of these fools go down like a moth to a flame in the last few months.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
After we beat them 45=16 know telling what they would put in our food being a LSU fan from Louisiana

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that for every 1 that makes it to the media, 10 don't. This thread gives him no power, however it does raise awareness.

I've never been one to publicly display my political ideology, I don't like the idea of being targeted of I do, of just because someone might make the assumption based on my appearance.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
How in hell do liberals feel that this type of action could possibly help their cause. I must be dense, because I don't get it. I've read that independents make up as much as 30% of the electorate. I can't believe that these actions would sway many of those voters to the liberal side. Good Lord!!

Jim

History has shown it worked for the lefts' heroes in Germany when the Brownshirts helped take over Germany.
They expect to use intimidation and P.C. to make the regular American supporting people to do as they say which is to SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP.
Remember one pig on tv saying "White Men sit down and shut up"? I do. And I say MAKE ME.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Salad is what my food eats.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once upon a time, in an Army mess hall, the woman who is now my wife was eating spaghetti in the mess hall. A fellow soldier tried to steal her garlic bread. She stabbed him in the hand. When they both had to see Top, he told the guy to keep his goddam hands of other people's food. I would hate to see what happens now, since she has NOT mellowed with age.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Once upon a time, in an Army mess hall, the woman who is now my wife was eating spaghetti in the mess hall. A fellow soldier tried to steal her garlic bread. She stabbed him in the hand. When they both had to see Top, he told the guy to keep his goddam hands of other people's food. I would hate to see what happens now, since she has NOT mellowed with age.

First: I like your Wife's style
Second: I bet you watch your table manners Smile

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Fucking Ole Miss! I am ashamed to be an alumnus of that now-liberal cesspool.

It all started when they appointed a flea as chancellor. Down hill from that point.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Seriously, how mature is this so called professor (clearly a misnomer in this case)?

These are the antics of a 5 year old. A professor advocating this behavior has something mentally wrong.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

It all started when they appointed a flea as chancellor. Down hill from that point.

RMD

Politburo in Oxford is growing stronger and stronger.

This from not long ago is total BS. The guy's post wasn't over the top and it was the truth. He got crucified for it.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/...fter-racist-comment/

https://www.clarionledger.com/...ook-post/1364522002/

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

RMD

Politburo in Oxford is growing stronger and stronger.

This from not long ago is total BS. The guy's post wasn't over the top and it was the truth. He got crucified for it.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/...fter-racist-comment/

https://www.clarionledger.com/...ook-post/1364522002/

Yeah, I saw this as well. "Highly Offended" isn't hard to achieve these days with all the asses on peoples' shoulders.

I think he should send the college board an invoice for 5.3 million dollars.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep up the commentary from the ivory tower, the view must be tremendous up there, even if you are an assistant professor of sociology Roll Eyes

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post