SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hockey - Carolina Hurricanes Victory Celebrations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hockey - Carolina Hurricanes Victory Celebrations Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted
Don't know if anyone has been following the Hurricanes, but their post-game celebrations after a win have been pretty fun. The fans & the players love it & it's done after the other ream leaves the ice. These have included bowling, duck-duck-go, the limbo, & my favorite:

This has apparently offended hockey dinosaurs Brian "Pee-wee garbage stuff" Burke & Don "Bunch of jerks" Cherry.

The Hurricanes are having fun with it. They changed their Twitter bio.

And will be selling t-shirts.

Love the trolling of Don "Sour Grapes" Cherry.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that!
I've been wanting to learn more about ice hockey, and I've got connections in Raleigh. Road trip!!

There's video of the "bunch of jerks" conversation on the Hurricanes' Twitter page.

Limbo?

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
So a guy whose schtick is wearing the douchiest suits around has a problem with this?

Mmmmkay.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That douche is total 10-ply.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The key is the fact that it's done after the visiting team leaves the ice. It's fun for the fans and it doesn't show up the other team. *And it doesn't hurt that the Caines are in a playoff spot right now.

I don't want to see the NHL start having big celebrations after goals the way the NFL allows celebrations after TD's and turnovers.

Posts: 131 | Registered: January 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
So a guy whose schtick is wearing the douchiest suits around has a problem with this?

Mmmmkay.

LOL!

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Let's Go Rangers:
The key is the fact that it's done after the visiting team leaves the ice. It's fun for the fans and it doesn't show up the other team.

Given that, I don't see any harm at all.
We've all gotta have some fun at work once in a while, right? Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That's awesome and gets bonus points for offending Don "I only like Canadian players" Cherry.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This type of thing started in the '05 - '06 season (there was no '04 - '05 season due to a player strike/owner lock-out). The Rangers, after a win at Madison Square Garden, will gather at center ice and raise their sticks to salute the fans. It's a tradition in Europe and a lot of the players in the NHL are European. It came to the NHL as the players way of thanking the fans for coming back to the game after the '04 lock-out.

I'm all for the Caines having fun with it and taking it to a higher level.

King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Fun for the players and fun for the fans? Nothing wrong with that, this is entertainment after all, isn't it? I think it's great, it's fun, go 'Canes.

And yes screw Don Cherry.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post