SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Health Update (5-15-19) Pseud-cyst on Pancreas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Health Update (5-15-19) Pseud-cyst on Pancreas Login/Join 
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted
Been home for almost a month on TPN (nutrition in a Bag) through PICC line and only allowed small amounts of water & ice.

Yesterday was the big day to have a stint inserted into the Pseud-cyst to allow it to drain into the stomach since it didn't go away on its own after the months resting of Pancreas.

Went under and they could not install the stint so that was a bust and big let down.

The next step is to go in from the side and stick the Pseud-cyst and let it drain externally. This is much riskier procedure in that the chance exist that the fluids will leak inside the body and the strong fluids will eat up the organs or cause bad infection.
The GI doc said the Pseud-cyst is now the size of a grapefruit.

Throat is sore from the air tube and a little internal pain from things being disturbed yesterday but overall still doing well and holding a steady weight from the TPN goodness in a bag.

Weather outside is beautiful and all my flowers and plants are in flowering and full on growing mode with plenty of rain.

Been able to walk Dixie in the yard quite a bit and she has really done a lot better with the pulling and full on nose down doing the bloodhound tracking thing. She's as glad as I am that I'm home after our last 10 day separation.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Prayers inbound for a fast recovery..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I went through pancreatitis and a pseudocyst drainage and pancreatic debridement in 1992 - still around puffing on my pipe and having an occasional Wild Turkey®. Hang in there, dude!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent brother for good health and lots of better days ahead.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Praying for the very best possible outcome with this...also praying for your doctors, nurses and everyone involved in your treatment as well as your family for strength...may God bless and watch over you. Hang in there my friend!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and your loved ones and for speedy recovery.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Good Luck MPaPa. I will pray for you too.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My hopes are on you.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I am sorry you are dealing with so much. My family will be praying for you.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
May God Bless.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
A prayer sent your way Mustang..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sending really good thoughts your way PaPa. Seems like a good sign that you can walk Dixie and no doubt she's glad that you are home. It also seems like a good sign that you're holding your weight. Very important for your body to heal. Enjoy the flowers and outdoors. Take care.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post