SIGforum
Health Update (5-15-19) Pseud-cyst on Pancreas

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6620047654

May 15, 2019, 11:26 AM
Mustang-PaPa
Health Update (5-15-19) Pseud-cyst on Pancreas
Been home for almost a month on TPN (nutrition in a Bag) through PICC line and only allowed small amounts of water & ice.

Yesterday was the big day to have a stint inserted into the Pseud-cyst to allow it to drain into the stomach since it didn't go away on its own after the months resting of Pancreas.

Went under and they could not install the stint so that was a bust and big let down.

The next step is to go in from the side and stick the Pseud-cyst and let it drain externally. This is much riskier procedure in that the chance exist that the fluids will leak inside the body and the strong fluids will eat up the organs or cause bad infection.
The GI doc said the Pseud-cyst is now the size of a grapefruit.

Throat is sore from the air tube and a little internal pain from things being disturbed yesterday but overall still doing well and holding a steady weight from the TPN goodness in a bag.

Weather outside is beautiful and all my flowers and plants are in flowering and full on growing mode with plenty of rain.

Been able to walk Dixie in the yard quite a bit and she has really done a lot better with the pulling and full on nose down doing the bloodhound tracking thing. She's as glad as I am that I'm home after our last 10 day separation.
May 15, 2019, 11:34 AM
sig 226
Prayers inbound for a fast recovery..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
May 15, 2019, 11:41 AM
Jim Shugart
I went through pancreatitis and a pseudocyst drainage and pancreatic debridement in 1992 - still around puffing on my pipe and having an occasional Wild Turkey®. Hang in there, dude!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
May 15, 2019, 11:43 AM
old rugged cross
Prayer sent brother for good health and lots of better days ahead.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
May 15, 2019, 12:26 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
Praying for the very best possible outcome with this...also praying for your doctors, nurses and everyone involved in your treatment as well as your family for strength...may God bless and watch over you. Hang in there my friend!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
May 15, 2019, 12:44 PM
grumpy1
Praying for you and your loved ones and for speedy recovery.
May 15, 2019, 10:46 PM
Sigfest
Good Luck MPaPa. I will pray for you too.
May 15, 2019, 11:02 PM
BuckRogers2000
My hopes are on you.
May 15, 2019, 11:02 PM
deepocean
I am sorry you are dealing with so much. My family will be praying for you.
May 15, 2019, 11:39 PM
OKCGene
May God Bless.
May 16, 2019, 08:48 AM
molachi
Prayers sent.
May 16, 2019, 12:07 PM
just1tym
A prayer sent your way Mustang..

Regards, Will G.
May 16, 2019, 05:53 PM
Bytes
Sending really good thoughts your way PaPa. Seems like a good sign that you can walk Dixie and no doubt she's glad that you are home. It also seems like a good sign that you're holding your weight. Very important for your body to heal. Enjoy the flowers and outdoors. Take care.