SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *** Winners Chosen and Emailed **10 Year Karma
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*** Winners Chosen and Emailed **10 Year Karma Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted
Our Winners:

1. 83v45magna
2. Bisleyblackhawk

You have mail!

Being at the end of October, I finally got around to recognizing that I've passed my decade mark here. I might not be a subject matter expert like so many here are, whether it be automotive repair, DIY, Jewelry, Appliances, Law Enforcement, tactics, Precision reloading, the law, politics, Motorcycles, Beer, Whiskey, Scotch, Cigars, et al. But I've enjoyed playing in the company of those that are, and have been helped with so much selfless advice over the years. I probably don't have a terribly recognizable screen name or avatar like some of the true old salts of the forum, but that's plenty okay by me.

This forum has seen me through a career change, going back to school, among many other phases of my life.

I've only gotten into one Spat with Para in the early years, and I was humbled by his patience and am glad that he let me stick around to play by the rules. Thanks Boss, for running a tight ship and thank you for having me as your guest.

Gay cakes, Waivers, Unitards, Cragar, Dope Smoking, the 220ST mega-raffle, and so many other memorable times. I'm glad to be part of the lore.

Thanks to all of my invisible friends out there that I've done business with, won Karmas from, and gifted Karmas to. Thank you for all of the advice over the years.

So in giving back, I'd like to offer up 2 Griffin Pocket Tools.

1 Mini Stainless

and 1 Original Stainless

The Rules:

1. Be a member in good standing as of my 10 year anniversary 10/02/2017

2. Please post a fond memory of the forum or something that you are Thankful For in your life

3. Have an email to contact you with in your profile

4. Mention if you want the Mini or Standard

5. Karma will end on 10/31/2017

Good Luck All

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jjkroll32,

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Unlucky number 1

Congrats on the decade! Cool karma. Please include me for either one.

Sig Forum is a great source of information and fellowship. I've made several friends locally because of this forum.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Please include me for the standard...thank you for a chance at this generous KARMA and congrats on the 10 year anniversary Smile...

Being a member of SIGForum helped me get through the biggest hurdle of my life, the passing of my wife and best friend of 46 years last April. The prayers, posts and emails from the members here were a Godsend to me and I am thankful to be a part of this forum Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Fond memory — the bunny with a pancake on top.

The standard would be great. Your post also reminded me that I hit 15 years on the 13th. Hmmmmmmm, I need to think about my own karma now.

Posts: 12460 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Please count me in.

I believe my favorite is the cat thread, though the smoking f'in dope thread gives it a great run. I seldom come here that I don't find something entertaining or educational.

I'd prefer the mini, but would take either if offered. Thanks!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Awesome Karma!

Please don't include me as I have won more Karma this year than any one person should!

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Very nice karma.

I stopped lurking and came out of the shadows during the smoking fucking dope thread. The responses to that thread where what made me join so I could post.

Either one would be useful but the standard would be preferred.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats on 10 years. I'd be in for either. Many thanks for the chance, and here's to the next 10 years.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the 10 years! Please add me in for a chance at the standard size tool and thanks for the chance.

What I am thankful for is my wife, plain and simple. I am blessed to have found her.

The thing that sticks out in my memory was the way the members really were able to help a fellow member through an awful time where he very seriously wanted to end his life. The outpouring of not only concern, but of genuine help was extraordinary.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7251 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you on your 10 years sir. Please do not include me in your karma. Just wanted to wish you the best.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
Good work on ten years and over 10,000 posts, well done Sir!

I'm thankful for, or maybe impressed by, in addition to the advice on numerous topics here, is the hearts and kindness shown here, especially with respect to animals. This firearm aficionado site, and we can come here and share stories about our animals who have touched our lives, and unfortunately frequently share how painful it is to say goodbye to them. Today, for example was Tommydogg and his post about his boy Carter off to Valhalla... We have big, warm hearts here, much compassion, and likely not consistent with how some might perceive us because of our hobby/interests/professions. I'm thankful for this human quality we are unafraid to show.

As far as your kind karma, as I have a larger Gerber multi tool from 2009, I'd be interested in a mini, and thanks.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
A very humble post. Well done.
Please put me down for the original, but both look great.

Other than the Stew Fields, I think my favorite thread/memory was one where Para revealed a new member as being that shit stain "IndyFFL".
He did it by posting a bus hijacking pic w/ "I'm Hijacking this thread!!" It took off from there.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I am thankful that I have such a great forum to go to daily. Ask a question here and you will get answers. I seldom go to any other forums. And some of the posts by members here have had me laughing my head off. Put me in for the Standard please.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The Great Tractor Pull of '05.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
9 years this month myself!!!!!!! I'm in!!!! Congrats!! Thanks again for the karma and thanks Para!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Congratulations upon making this milestone. I believe you now can get a CUT from para.

Please enter me for a standard, and thanks for the chance.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the milestone! Thanks for the karma- standard for me, please. Not so sure I can thank you for "introducing " me to the Griffin line, though. Big Grin

Memory? When Appliance Brad not only diagnosed the worn out dogs on my washer, but sent the parts gratis and saved me a significant piece of change.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeriel
posted Hide Post
Congrats on reaching a milestone. Anyone of the item would be great.

SF has been amazing. I've learned so much from this forum and SF members are the best.

Posts: 1462 | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Morning Bump

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
In for the standard.
Thanks.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post