SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    L.E.O.'s What are the criminal's doing ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

L.E.O.'s What are the criminal's doing ? Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Kids are out of school and acting like its summer vacation time. bricks through windows, reckless driving and fights. I guess the social distancing directives are only for the rest of us...

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Unsurprisingly its wall to wall DVs and lots of Reckless _____. Seems like more drunks out in the day as well.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
DUIs are way down. Domestic violence is way up and alcohol is usually involved. At least that seems to be what I've seen over the last week or so. We will have to see if the trend continues.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I actually caught three kids trying to break into a school.......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's just the calm before the storm but this video seems very related:

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Maybe it's just the calm before the storm but this video seems very related:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1yssggaOdMA" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Insane. Weed is essential, but the right to protect one's self isn't? I hope that's only the case in that county. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DV up. Stores closed. People staying at home drinking and then... you can probably guess. And the mental health issues are in an uptick. Oh, and hotel/home invasions/robberies are up.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. Domestics are up, and there are lots of unsupervised kids running around doing the usual unsupervised kid shit (breaking into cars, etc.)

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Most residential burglaries happen during the day. With all the kids out of school, I would expect residential burglaries to be on the increase, but with people home from work that might be a deterrent. Crooks are crooks, they will continue to act like crooks.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
What are the smart ones up to?

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Were they despondent from all the school closures and just trying to get in because they are desperate to resume school...? Smile

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a policeman or have any training in law enforcement, but I am pretty sure that all criminals have one thing in common, they commit crimes, even the "smart" ones.

Posts: 1788 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Travis county district courts are basically not confirming property crime and drug felony warrants, so as not to fill up the jail.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
What are the smart ones up to?

We rarely have time for the smart ones. We spend most of our time picking up the considerable mess the lowest common denominators make.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Were they despondent from all the school closures and just trying to get in because they are desperate to resume school...? Smile

Apparently they were missing art class. At least that’s what I gathered from the spray cans they had on them.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Art class ?
or
Bart class?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
The nuts are out en force today.

All the usual suspect disturbed people are calling in, or getting called on.

We have an armed standoff going right now too... (I am on the other end of the precinct today so not there)

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
The constant that remains in Chicago is that criminals never let an opportunity go to waste. Nothing has changed, but with less foot traffic downtown, it does limit the victim pool a bit.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After a short chat w/ a county mountie that was working radar, he said that there was no increase in calls , but he was sort of perplexed about one aspect of the whole " stay at home "business. Forty seven shops have closed down in the county , and many owners want to know if the l.e.o.'s are going to protect their now empty shop's, while everyone is staying home ? One fella has $10,000.00 worth of merchandise , 40 minutes from his home. The county won,'t be adding 12 more officers , heck ,3 more per shift would bust the payroll. So they have some stuff to work out.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
I see around here a certain demographic aren't paying the stay at home request a bit of attention..

Amish? Asians?

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post